What's new

cold air induction kit

ciderpig

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th EX 2.4 manual
Hi All,
I want to get a cold air induction kit fitted to my 8th Gen K24. (Have already checked the implications with my insurance company, no issues there at all.)

I've had a price for an Injen cold air intake which puts the filter element down in the bumper. I'm not keen on this because it's going to get wet and requires the bumper to be taken off to fit.

I've seen a K&N one pictured on Brett's car, (that has a shield to keep hot air from the filter) but K&N said they can't recommend a kit as It's not been fit tested on a UK 8th Gen car.

@Brett, if you see this, which K&N kit is on your car? and where did you get it from please?

Are there any other ones that I should consider - that provide cold air - with the filter in the engine bay?

I'm not really bothered about any marginal power gains, it's more for the vtec induction noise

Cheers

I had the full kit which went in the bumper area on my 7th Gen, the resonator box had to be removed (I think that is what it is called).
Sounds difficult but it is quite simple to fit.

I originally had a short ram which was fine but when I changed to a full induction it I was alot better.
I feel you can hear the induction noise alot better once placed outside of the engine bay and it does sound very good (in my opinion)

The air filter is treated to be water proof and mine came with a bag to place it in (had no issues at all with it).

Personally if you have the option for a full induction, I would go for it

Hi bud this is the one I have fitted in the 1st link.
It will fit but needs a little adjustment.
http://www.knfilters.co.uk/mobile/mProduct.aspx?product=69-1211TTK

This one in the next link I believe is the correct one but I liked it better in black hence why I broug the 1st link.
Iv been running this now for a few years and no problems at all.http://www.knfilters.co.uk/mobile/mProduct.aspx?product=69-0026TS
At the time I got mine from Heel&toe from the USA

Just found that opie oils do the one like mine as well
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/vsearch.aspx?SearchTerm=69-1211TTK

Blumming eck, how much, that's alot for a short ram.
Was thinking of getting something but I am way too tight to spend that much :D

Remove the resonator box. All the vtec induction sound you want :)

For free

Thanks chaps.

I wouldn't want to take the bumper off myself so would have to pay for a full cold air kit it to be fitted. And that brings complications when I eventually sell the car, I'd need to remove the bumper again to revert to the OEM system. (thinking that an induction kit would be seen as bad thing by the majority of potential buyers). I'm also concerned (irrational perhaps) about it getting wet as I drive on the motorway every day for work. Access for cleaning the element must be more or less zero.

Are Honda dealers ok to service cars with these things fitted? I guess I could ring and ask them just wondering what the general view is?

The short ram K&N induction kit is more expensive than the Injen one, but much easier to install.

hmmmm...

Why on earth would you take a car like this to Honda for servicing? Even the worst of the back street mechanics couldn't mess up a service on this car.

Just buy genuine Honda parts and either diy or let a decent mechanic work on it.

Taking the bumper off isn't too hard, just give it a go.

F6HAD said:
Why on earth would you take a car like this to Honda for servicing? Even the worst of the back street mechanics couldn't mess up a service on this car.

Just buy genuine Honda parts and either diy or let a decent mechanic work on it.

Taking the bumper off isn't too hard, just give it a go.
I take it to Honda because it's near where I live and convenient, they stamp the book, I get 12 months AA home start included and they're decent guys who do a good job. Sure it's a bit more than a back street, but the AA cover more than compensates for that..

Fair play mate, it's your hard earned afterall. Sorry my post sounded a little harsh, not intended.

Back to the topic at hand, just have a go at removing the bumper it's not hard. ***uming the car is out of warranty then Honda should have no issue in servicing it.

You can have a cold air pipe fabricated with the right bends for your car and I would agree with the others that mounting behind the bumper is the best location and we had this on our 7th gen K24. It makes a noticeable difference to power and sound effect

I removed my front bumper today to replace a faulty HID ballast.

Took me about 20 mins to remove (6 screws in the wheel arch (2 if it is not the GT), about 12 plastics plugs above the grill and about 12 plugs under the bumper) then it just pops off

Here is a vid of how easy it is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU85p0fYZMA

There is also one showing how to remove the resonator box.
It tends to be simple but a bit awkward as it is a snug fit.