What's new

Michelin tyres

old cruiser

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
does anyone have any opinions on Michelin primacy 3 v's Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres, any feed back on the two appreciated.
Cheers Pete

I fitted some Pilot Sport 3's a couple weeks ago to my 7th in 225/45/17's and have done about 1500 miles since fitting. They are awesome in the dry and very good in the wet.
My 6th gen also has Michelin's fitted in 205/50/16's but they aren't Pilot Sport 3's so im not sure if they are Primacy 3's but they are about average grip levels in the dry and wet weather but nothing special.

Thanks for that mate, do you find the car feels well planted as it were with the pilot sport 3
Cheers Pete

old cruiser said:
Thanks for that mate, do you find the car feels well planted as it were with the pilot sport 3
Cheers Pete
Yes it does, it performs very well indeed. The dry grip is as good if not better than the Bridgestone Potenza's I had on my old EP3 Type R,

I think when the tyres on my 6th gen need replacing it will be Pilot Sport 3's or Uniroyal Rainsport 3's :)

I had some Michelin on my Accord. 225/45 17 .. I can't remember the model, il check in morning but I got a good solid 18,000 miles out of them.
Iv just changed onto Hankook Ventus after reading some good reviews so see how they fare ...

The pilot sport 3's do seem to be quite suited to these cars from what I can gather, think I may well give them a go, what did you think of them overall @odbguy
Cheers Pete

I've had many a car over the years and have always fitted ps3's for road use when the originals gave up. Excellent tyres and I promise you will notice a difference especially if your running mid range or budget tyres now.

They come at a price though

Edit. Bridgestone re01 adrenalin would be my second choice had them on my integra turbo. Bit soft but outrageous grip and quite a bit cheaper than the PS3's

Bit the bullet and got two Michelin PS3's fitted on the front and have to say they are a pretty good tyre done about 400 miles on them, so pretty much bed in so to speak , the grip is great in the dry , not been tested in the wet yet (hardly rained since fitting them!!) not all that much quieter than those horrid BCT s600 things! also the straight line stability at speeds of 80- 90 mph is so much better, whereas with the BCT I'd get to about 80mph and I'd get that tramping feel through the car as if the toe was out, so apart from not much chance to try out in the wet as such, I'd say a great tyre.

Cheers Pete

From some bad experience with tires recently, I do look at the tires carefully before paying for them. Michelins are made in France, Germany and Spain. Spanish ones are the ones to avoid, best is to get them made in France.
Don't get me wrong, a new fresh tyre always look great and the first 1000-200kms are always good. The signs of bad quality usually come on the next season after sitting in the basement for 4-5 months.

I'm running some Vredesteins at the moment but will most probably change them, very loud tires. I have PS3 on my other car and the wet grip is amazing.