What's new

Ns Heahlamp Condensation

f2raf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I noticed today My Nearside headlamp has condensation building inside it, cannot say I noticed that before. Any ideas what can be cause, i was thinking of removing & cleaning if possible and resealing if there is a way to do so. Any experiences of resolving this issue appreciated.

For my accord I have same problem... I ***ume it's a ongoing issue with all accords as they have a lamp cap at rear which requires cap, seal and a scree to seal the cap. On most accords you won't find that screw as over the period its lost and caps are not water tight.

Any other thoughts

okay that explains as ive recently been changing bulbs, maybe its not fitted correctly, so plan...remove cap, use hairdryer to dry out steam/condensation and then re-apply cap, and if it happens again maybe re-apply with some sort of seal.

Guys,check on the forum,how you can fix this problem.Plenty times was discussed.

Tomas,

I have read all threads around condensation, but most of them talking about silica bag, I have placed 50gm silica bag in but still condensation not gone fully. So I am inclined to think that there is some thing more drastic needed to be done.
Looks like root cause of condensation is somewhere else.....
On holidays next week will strip headlights, clean , place new seals and caps with screw and check for any visible leaks in headlight.....

Will share once done

My condensation is getting bad I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried giving it the hair dryer but it didn't make any difference

I am gona do full de ***emble and clean it then seal the top of headlight with silicon.

It's the top seal where water drops from bonnet so must be the evil there.

Will share photos

My Accord's taillight was flooded with water. Took the light off the car, dried and re-sealed with weather-proof silicon all round. Haven't seen a single drop of water there since!

ive dropped 2 Silicia sachets in mine today, hanging by a thread, if it makes no difference Wahab. i'll be waiting for you photos on the deassenble.

Fair enough mate..... i am just waiting to have some good day off with no other commitments to do all. I have a long list. lol and doing work on car on your day while your family awaits is a nightmare....