What's new

Painting interior trim

jjmartin349571

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
'86 Gsi
Thought I'd have a bash at painting the ghastly walnut trim on my 6th gen, no before pics (nobody deserves to have to look at fake walnut trim) but here's how it came out:

I went for gloss black as that's the first can I found in the cupboard, but I may colour code it to my bodywork in the future. The coating isn't perfect as it was sprayed from an ancient rattle can, but it's good enough for the time being. I've only done the lower centre console so far, but the dash panel and the door strips will be done in due course.

Now I just need to sort out the car to put them in to :lol:

And on a slight aside it took 4 goes to get the above photo, I was getting photobombed by the mutts for some reason:

Little b*ggers!! :lol:

So much nicer than that standard sh**e they come with.

I've fitted the console back into the car, it's nice and understated in situ B) Should look good once all the trim is done.

Hate the roveresque fake wood trimm too, I wrapped mine with gunmetal brush alu vinyl wrap, looks so much nicer. Need to finish all the wood panels up though.

Yours looks very good.

Good job, looks good, hell of a lot better than the fake wood!

Hell yeah! I'm getting me some carbon effect sticky plastic, that looks awesome.. also the sprayed one, good job on that too.. equally cool just different strokes for different folks eh. and miles better than the 'wood'

also loving the photobombing dogs lol