What's new

Fuel rail pressure too low - 8th gen iDTEC EX Saloon

armaghmagic

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2iDtec EX
Hi all,

About 5/6 times in the last few months my car has stalled at all speeds and when it does the ENGINE MALFUNCTION light pops up and stays on for the day. When I got the car checked out the diagnostic machine showed up that the FUEL RAIL PRESSURE TOO LOW - Error Code P0087.

Anybody any ideas what this could be??

Change the fuel filter and also the fuel pressure sensor. I've seen this before on a few idtec's

F6HAD said:
Change the fuel filter and also the fuel pressure sensor. I've seen this before on a few idtec's
Would you have a part number for the pressure sensor?

No just buy a secondhand fuel rail with sensor already in it

If you switch off and leave a few seconds does it restart without the EML coming on?, if so could be as suggested CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER.

Is that for me or the original poster?

If for me, then regarding the EML, no,
How do you know if i have or haven't changed the filter?

I only inquired about a part number.

Just to add closure to this issue with my car. P0087 fault code.

It was the metering valve on fuel pump. I had this replaced about a couple of months ago.
1480680_upload_2019-8-14_22-44-12.png

I can't see this as a separate part in the honda parts catalogue its part of the pump sold as a whole . Where did you manage to source one on its own and do you have a part number?

csak1981 said:
I can't see this as a separate part in the honda parts catalogue its part of the pump sold as a whole . Where did you manage to source one on its own and do you have a part number?
From Honda its part of the pump. The garage i had it with is a bosch service centre, the valve was sourced from Bosch. I dont have a part number but it should be on the valve itself.
There available on ebay