What's new

Honda accord 2.2 dcti ex 2006 not reving over 2000 rmp

bharoon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi guys

I am hoping to get a solution to this problem that occured after i gave my car for some body work.
On collection the car had engine managemet light on. I had it pluged in and it showed AD04 unkown fault code and 040b unkown fault code.
I have no idea what that means. The fault codes were reset. Drove the car for an hour left it for 10 mins started again and engine light came back on.
Now the car does not rev over 2000 rpm. I ve only just got the car and i am hoping it could be something simple.
Any help would be much appriciated.

I don't recognise those error codes. Most common issues with these cars relate to restricted fuel pressure due to blocked fuel filter and stuck egr valves.

Hi Fahad

Thank you for your response.
Do you recommend i change the fuel filter and EGR?
I must say the car has been stood for 2 months.

Start the car and go for a short drive, if eml is on or comes on, switch off leave for a couple of minutes, then restart, this sometimes clears the eml light, but if it reacurs then change the fuel filter as advised. If that does not clear it the start worrying about egr.

Yep that's good advice. I wouldn't replace the egr, instead look at blanking it off permanently for a better running engine. Once you've identified if this is the cause, drop me a line to discuss as I offer this service.

Hi

I had the fault codes reset and went for a long drive for about 40 mins yesterday. Turned the engine off for 5 mins then started again EML came on and car wont rev over 2000rpm. Drove home and the light has been on since. I drove the car today and it drove fine but the EML is still on. So i went to my local Honda dealer and bought a genuine fuel filter. I will change the filter Monday and clear the codes. Hope that will work if not i will consider to blank the EGR for avoid this happening again.

I was wondering if anyone can make sense of these fault errors in the pics which set the EML off initially.
20150326_104451.jpg

edgeoftime said:
Start the car and go for a short drive, if eml is on or comes on, switch off leave for a couple of minutes, then restart, this sometimes clears the eml light, but if it reacurs then change the fuel filter as advised. If that does not clear it the start worrying about egr.
Hi
I Cleared all the codes and fitted a new genuine honda Fuel filter but problem remained. Car doesnt rev over 2000 rpm from cold but when warm if i turn the engine off for 5 mins and start again it normal. I am so confused :unsure:

Is there a work around for blanking off the EGR I've tried blanking mine off but i just brings the light on and it ends up in limp home mode. I have had the EGR deleted and it s been fine up till the last few months but seems to be playing me up no end at the mo.

Alun, replied to your other post. Yes we have introduced a new manual blanking option.

Drop me a line for details

F6HAD said:
Alun, replied to your other post. Yes we have introduced a new manual blanking option.

Drop me a line for details
Hi
I have exactly the same problem.
Do you find the solution of this problem?
Thanks.

You need a full diagnostic to establish the cause
first

Then you need to book in with someone that has access to a honda diagnostic system.

Another cdti owner I know had this issue turned out to be a dodgy glow plug, Fahad is right though get it on a HDS scanner