What's new

2 button or 3 button key fob?

Riknos

Members
Reaction score
Car
2001 Accord SE Exec
Hi all,

New to accord membership - and the forum.

My car is an early 2001 Accord SE Exec (so model year 2000) and came with only 1 key and fob, but it has the 2 button remote with no 3rd button for popping the boot open. According to the manual here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/98-011.pdf it should come with a 3 button remote? Is that correct?

I'm looking at picking up a second hand fob off ebay - if I get a 3 button version will it work if I programme it?

Thanks.

3 button is for the saloon and not hatchback, not sure if all saloons have the capability thought. Worth a shot i guess, but not sure if the 3 button will work at all if it is a hatchback.

Sorry another follow up question -

Does anyone know the correct part numbers, or the difference between them? My (only) remote is too scratched up to read anything on it, but I've found both:

HONDA 2 BUTTON G8D 344 H-A

and

HONDA 2 BUTTON G8D-344-A

G8D-350H-A

etc

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I've got a saloon (1.8 Sport), is it just the exec model that had this fitted then? I only have two buttons on my fob. I'd love to have the boot popping available from my fob.

^ Possibly yes, the Exec has nearly electric everything, on Sport you have less like wind up rears, manual seat adjustment, so boot won't have remote opener either.

Either of you guys confirm the part numbers for your remotes? I've found 3 so far and not sure which one would work?

Thanks.