What's new

Accord Tourer Sport 2005 2.2 Diesel Space Saver Query

bobabobajob

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer GEN 7 Diesel
Is the Accord Tourer Space Saver the same as that used on the saloon. I come across plenty for the saloon on ebay which are reasonably pricved, but very few saying "tourer".

Regards

Steve

As far as I know the wheel is the same -the difference is in the full Honda kit: The polystyrene tub that fits in the wheel well (for the tools etc) is different between the tourer and saloon. You don't really need that bit anyway, just something to stop everything rattling around.

It should have a T135/80D16 tyre on. Some people sell a 16 inch "Honda spacesaver" with a different profile, which has a slightly smaller rolling circumference (possibly off a civic or something?). I'm not saying it won't fit, it won't get you out of a tight spot, or that it will / won't throw a wheel sensor light or anything, but I'd go for the right one if you have a choice.

The bay will take a full size 16" wheel if you remove the "inner" lining, but if you do not want to do that I have an inner lining and "tool tray" in the garage but the tools are long gone, as is the pump and bottle of goo. Also got 205x55x16 wheels, see for sale, last month.

Thanks for the advice, I was concerned about caliper clearance. I've got the bottle of goo which is the original one from 2008. It hasn't set but I don't know whether it would work or not and as I'm travelling to France this year I'd rather have something to keep me going to a garage. I'm quite happy to make my own bracket so I'll go for the saloon one.

Cheers

Steve