What's new

Accord 8 Gen trunk mod

Ultona

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ES GT
Just make sure you put the two springs in the boot one on each side

Plus the small end of the spring connects into the hole on the trunk arm an not the loop bar as not to cause the spring to move along the bar when opening and closing the boot as this caused the spring to creek, when in the hole it doesn't move

Nice job, might look into that, never sure if I prefer the boot opening all the way or just slightly :/

Racy Jace said:
Looks good. It could do with slowing down a bit on full opening. Maybe adding some sort of bump stop. Not sure if it's possible.
Yea could do with slowing down maybe when the springs settle a bit more they won't be as hard but happy with it if it stays as it is, as long as it opens fully I'm happy;)

Just ordered som springs. I will try to make some foam by the boot lever so it will stop more smoothly.

But very nice mod, looking forward for doing this my self.

just fitted the springs. i put some foam in there to, so it dont bounce to much.

the video in the link below

http://vid394.photobucket.com/albums/pp21/micko1313/Mobile%20Uploads/20150615_220607_zpsavzhlax5.mp4

20150615_220259_zpsawn8wnxl.jpg
20150615_220306_zps0zf67ptx.jpg

Just ordered them for my 7th gen. Hope i can get it working...

judt want to say that the small thin hooks that is comming out of the ends on the springs is very poor. mine snapped so i had to make some new hooks for the ends.

i found a spring for the front brake pads and used that. i cut it out to the length i needed and bended it with a hammer in a vice. then i wiggled it in the spring and BOOM i had a much better spring.

I'm glad to announce that the trunk mod is compatible for the 7th gen saloon as well. It's a bit different then the 8th gen, so figured something out.

* Attach the small hooks on the same point as with the 8th gens.
* Adjust the spring by giving them a good pull, so they expand by 1/2inch. Don't pull too hard, as you won't be able to use it anymore.
* Attach the big hook on the hole like on the pictures.

It IS possible to use the springs with their original length, but the impact of the trunk will be too hard.

I do not have a video of it, but you can compare it with the awesome red saloon on top if this topic :)

2w58sw8.jpg

11k9ppg.jpg

357m5j9.jpg

My broke to. I fixed it with some hard metal clips from the front brakes that I had leftover. I bended the clip into a small hook then I wiggle it in trough the spring like the oem one. But now it's much stronger. And after a month the spring has settled very nice and the boot opens perfectly.

micko said:
My broke to. I fixed it with some hard metal clips from the front brakes that I had leftover. I bended the clip into a small hook then I wiggle it in trough the spring like the oem one. But now it's much stronger. And after a month the spring has settled very nice and the boot opens perfectly.
Sweet I have the new gas springs ordered but if they fail il do what you did can you post a video to show the results?;)