What's new

diy for double din install

Hi Micko, excellent guide, I also changed the radio for double din, but I couldnt find which adapter do I need for the steering wheel control, can you send me a link where to buy this and which one you bought for your car? Thank you.

you will need a " Steering Wheel Stalk Control Adaptor " with a pacth lead for youre new head unit pioneer, sony, kenwood or wichever you have. the problem is that there isent any avaible for the accord 8th gen. but the one i got is for the insight or jazz as they are the same.

i think it was this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-Fit-Jazz-Insight-Steering-Wheel-Stalk-Control-Adaptor-Lead-CTSHO003-/250938675799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a6d1c5257

the lead you choose for youre headunit will fit in that little small black box, and from there it will go into the head unit.

the steering wheel stalk control adaptor will fit on the headunits wiring loom and then to the cars wires.

but the you can send bob from hondabitz / dynamicsounds a mail and just tell him to send you what you need. he suplied me with everything.

Hey Micko - Hopefully you'll (or someone else who can help) will see this.

If I've got the factory sat nav installed in my 8th gen, is it still possible to upgrade to an aftermarket double din and not loose functionality of anything else (climate control for example)?

Thanks in advance...