What's new

Vibrations on VIII gen

clown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 Tourer diesel
I am having problems with vibrations on my VIII gen Accord Tourer diesel. This is happens usually between 45-60 mph and dissapear. From zero to 45 weak vibrations, 45-60 huge vibrations, 60+ nothing.

I dont know what cause the problem. Any clues ?

Thank you Rich, the link does not work but I have manager to find it myself. Tyres I have changed recently to the new one.

Your vibrations at that speed points towards your wheels.

Driveshaft issues tend to expose themselves under hard accelerations.

From 45-60 mph the vibrations are most likely wheel related.
Things to check are:

- Tyres, bulges or damage - uneven wear of the thread? (as mentioned you already changed these)
- Balancing - have they been balanced properly? - some garages don't bother doing it
- Wheels them selves - Rotate each front wheel and see if they are buckled - flat spots - also good opportunity to check the tyre shape
(my previous car had uneven wear on the inner tyre thread which caused vibrations)
- Steering Track rods ends? - Any play
- Check wheel alignment Tracking?

That's all I can think of at the mo.
I experienced vibrations similar to your description and it turned down to be a slight flat spot on the inside of my front drivers alloy wheel

Hope you get to the bottom of it,

Richsprint: wasn't aware that the driveshaft saga affected the 8th gen, I thought it was only the 7th gens

I had to have the drive shafts replaced on my 8th gen idtec auto tourer almost immediately after buying it from Holdcroft, a few weeks back. It was shimaying side to side under loaded acceleration, new shafts completely solved it, thankfully as a Honda approved it wasn't my bill

On VIII and IX generations the main problem is inner CV joints. Mine was completely loose both sides.

I was not that lucky called local Honda Johnsons dealer and they quoted 519 GBP just for one drive shaft and inner CV joint 255.49 GBP one side.

I need to change both sides. What a mess with the car. I don't like it anymore.

Seems to affect the diesel more, maybe its the extra torque or a different type of shaft.

Hoping its not going to happen to my petrol...famous last words..

Yes I got it sorted with a company name CPS Drivelink http://www.cpsdrivelink.co.uk/.
I paid 230 GBP inc. delivery for both sides, it was quite cheap when compared to the main dealer.

The did machinery remanufacure of the original inner CV joints using a fresh ODM joints, regreased, changed boot rubbers and balanced driveshafts. Pretty good job for the money. I was over the Moon.