What's new

Stereo options

mightyspur

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
I want to replace the stereo in my car so I can either get bluetooth installed to connect my phone, or even a simple AUX in connection. Problem is the unit seems quite integrated with the AC control etc so I ***ume a straight swap with an after market stereo isn't really an option?

I've been doing a bit of reading about single and double din and I ***ume with a double din I'd be able to install something under the existing unit, but it's all a bit confusing as that just seems to show sat nav screens rather than stereos.

Can anyone give me a quick overview of what my realistic options are here?

This is the unit I currently have

Honda_Stereo_zps0nxbrc2r.jpg

Sure u get a surround that takes away the bottom cubby hole and u can fit stereo there I'd love to have a custom one made to keep the ac/heater controls

Yes you can get the bottom surround to then add a double din stereo and still keep the top one. You can also get a replacement stereo for the top. I did the install in my mates car, have a search on the forum as I did a writeup on here with the company who supplied the kit

You don't need to replace your stereo of you only want aux in or Bluetooth. Just buy an adapter.

TypeR said:
Yes you can get the bottom surround to then add a double din stereo and still keep the top one. You can also get a replacement stereo for the top. I did the install in my mates car, have a search on the forum as I did a writeup on here with the company who supplied the kit
Yeah this is what I want to do. Dug up the thread you mentioned and it looked pretty good, but I'm not sure I want to replace the existing stereo on top...

chew said:
You don't need to replace your stereo of you only want aux in or Bluetooth. Just buy an adapter.
Please excuse my stupidity, but what do you mean just buy an adapter? Where would I get one and where would it plug into? I'm completely dense with this stuff...

Sorry for the stream of thoughts... whilst upgrading the head unit, would it be worth installing a sub?

Have you looked into the possibilities of using something like a Xcarlink interface. Quite a easy option, you will get aux, usb, ipod and if you want, even bluetooth connection.
With this option you dont have to change your head unit, everything stays stock.

I've reently installed a single din unit under the existing head unit, it comes with a loom whioch keeps the relevant wires going to the existing unit (for climate control and time) and leaves all the rest of the wires to be soldered to the new head unit's wiring loom. It looks really well done and you get to keep a bit of storage space underneath.

Here is what it looks like installed: https://goo.gl/photos/95Wz5JVjSuS3ChkE7

Here is a link to the facia and adapter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250908606333?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You options for an adapter are xcarlink grom audio(best for android) cheap and cheerful Chinese ebay adaptors which are perfectly good. You would need to check it's compatible with your head unit as mine is the Nav version. I'm pretty sure yours has a spare socket in the back for one of the above mentioned adapters.They are easy to install and there is plenty of guides on this site and the net.

That is the cheapest option, please double check with seller that it's compatible. A few people on here have installed them and said they did the job.

Never too old for a sub mate. Most cars with a decent system come with a sub from factory

blimey if 37 is too old for a sub I must be ancient as I have a pioneer sub installed and im 46 :(

darlog1 said:
blimey if 37 is too old for a sub I must be ancient as I have a pioneer sub installed and im 46 :(
Your name isn't Glenn is it Glenn, it's Max Power ;)

As long as it isn't a boy racers tesco car park sub. They sound terrible to much bass ruins the sound quality imo especially in a small space.I miss the factory bose unit in my old audi.

Ryan,you can try install bose system in your honda.Really works better.

and even went for the smaller parrot device, which is imo is a good little device with lots of options for usb, iphone, andriod, bluetooth, streaming and apps
[/URL]">http://

remote although is a dust collector :(