What's new

New sat nav disc or just update disc?

tonygnome

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4Ex
Hi

I'm thinking of updating the sat nav on our 2008 Tourer. However I'm a little confused as to whether I need to buy a full sat nav disc or the v3.90 update disc. There seems to be a huge variability in the price eg £150 vs £25?

Thanks

Have you got any links for this like where you got the prices from

I must admit I've nether seen these before.
I can't see how you can update a genuine disk and would say these are a copy.

I'd agree. Not sure how you can update a satnav from a disc although a lot of these places seem to be selling these discs for around the £25 mark

I'm sure it's a copy disk Tony.
Now how long these will last I don't no also a copy will work your disk player a lot harder than a genuine disk.
If I was buying I would always go for a genuine disk if I an keeping the car.

if you want I can give you for free the update (I made it on my Accord from a polish forum, and it works fine). You can also do it yourself, I can give you the tutorial, you need 2 verbatim DVD+R DL (double layer).

ady_uaic said:
if you want I can give you for free the update (I made it on my Accord from a polish forum, and it works fine). You can also do it yourself, I can give you the tutorial, you need 2 verbatim DVD+R DL (double layer).
Any links to the Polish forum? Wouldn't mind reading about this myself as I'm running an older nav setup too.