What's new

2.2 cd7 auto door actuation quest - keyless entry

tommyjj

Reaction score
Car
95 accord coupe 2.2
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to fit a keyless entry kit to my 95 2.2 coupe for a few days now.

I had no problems getting the brake lights to flash enthusiastically when the fob buttons are pressed but finding the door lock and unlock wires has been a bloodbath.

The wiring diagrams I've found (in the CD7 workshop documentation) and all the online tutorials say I need to find a black & white and an orange wire somewhere in the dash. The tutorials also make reference to the mythical C425 connector, which I'm convinced doesn't exist on RHD models.

I've had the dash, kick panels and carpets up both sides with no luck. Nothing seems to stop the doors locking (from the door-mounted switch) when disconnected.

I've also had the driver's door trim off to look
at the wires for the door lock control unit, but none of the wire colours relate to the diagrams (for KH model) and definitely no orange or black and white wires.

Anyone else attempted this on a RHD car?

After a day spent upside down with my head on the pedals searching under the dash for wires I feel like I've exhausted my own searching powers, and my body feels like I spent yesterday wrestling fat ladies.