What's new

Brakes fluctuating.?

chew

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord tourer
Just had an mot and my car passed again with 2 new tyres. I had a few advisorys one of them was rear brakes fluctuating but not excessively. Any ideas what that means and why it might be doing this? Sounds like normal abs to me.

To rule it out . You need to take the brakes off and check he life of pads and disc. And maybe cleans the carries and sliders. This might help... Maid a massive effect to my car...

chew said:
I had a few advisorys one of them was rear brakes fluctuating but not excessively. Any ideas what that means
It means that the needle(s) were not steady on the meter on the rolling road.

They drop the wheels into the rolling road and it takes the wheels up to speed, then the mechanic applies the brakes.
The rolling road is split into two, left and right, and there are two meters that show the braking power for each wheel.
As the mechanic gradually applies the brake pressure, the needles increase, until max brake pressure is reached.
The needles on the meter should be steady all the way up. A warped disc on one side would cause the needle to waver on that side. Shame that the advisory doesn't specify if it was one or both.