What's new

Meister r coilovers for tourer.

Adamdenton95

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 tourer ex
Hello everyone, I've just registered and have a few questions!
I've been lurking a few month before I registered so know there was a group buy for some meister r coilovers at some point.
I've found a second hand set on eBay for £300, looks like an amazing deal compared to the £600+ new.
Item number on eBay is : 201432928885
There is a lot of detailed pictures for reference.
So to cut a long story short, will these fit my 2005 2.2cdt-I accord tourer ex without any modification, or are these for the saloon?
I've asked the seller and he says he doesn't know an can't guarantee anything and won't give me a return policy incase they don't fit.
Thanks in advance, hope to hear from you lot soon.
Adam.

Meister R's are awesome - have them on my Prelude for the last 5 years.

I wasnt aware Meister made any for the diesel variant - only the CL9.

As far as i am aware they are not suitable but its best to ask Miester themselves

Speak to Jerrick at Miester - Hes a very helpful guy.
They respnd to emails well if you prefer that side of communications

http://www.meisterr.co.uk/

if these come off saloon they won't fit tourer as there's different rear suspenison,

Hey Adam,

These are for the Saloon...i was the one who was trying to initiate the group buy...Jerrick confirm he would especially make the coilovers for the tourer if i had some interested...unfortunately no one was so there was no group buy! I ended up with a competitor brand coilover because he stopped producing the accord CL shape coilovers by the time i had enquired and would only make a new batch if there was enough of us interested, as apposed to one set.

Thanks a lot everyone.
Looks like I'll be going down the route of springs and shocks.
How long do you think I could get away with just springs, being h&r 30mm.
The car has 103k on the clock and I car share to work. So that's four Fattys in the car for 100 miles a day.

Was looking at options the other day.

Having had bilstein B8's on my Subaru for years, and loving the mix of ride quality and handling, I priced up a set and springs.
They're stiff enough, but don't jar over bumps, and are designed for shorter springs.

Cheaper than coilovers and better in the real world too, in my opinion.

Check out my build thread. Im running largus coilovers from japan. Cost me under £600