What's new

Rear bumper support member?

grentuu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Executive
Hi guys.

Had MOT today on W reg 2.0i Se Exec. It passed :)

However there was a 'dangerous' advisory:

'Rear bumper support member badly corroded, loose and may detach.'

Is there a DIY for this?

Also he said it would be ok to simply remove this as oppose to replacing it. Is this advisable?

While I'm here, I'm looking to have tracking done and front brake pads fitted. Anyone local to Bolton/Wigan and what kind of prices should I be looking at?

P.S. Not trying to be cheap, willing to pay just want to make sure it's a good job, if anyone on here can do I'm happy to pay!

Many thanks.

Rob

Is this 6th gen? Can you remove your bumper to check the support, have you a towbar fitted?

Mr Honda said:
Is this 6th gen? Can you remove your bumper to check the support, have you a towbar fitted?
Yes it is 6th gen, no I don't have a towbar fitted. I was looking for a diy on removing the bumper

Bumper is just screwed on and then have those push clips. Support member is bolted on.

Get the ESM, all info is there.

without a tow bar I wouldn't remove the bar/support (No. 8) as it is an added crash structure piece. look under wheel arches and top of bumper for clips/screws and remove them, then a little jigging needed to get the bumper off the mounts (No 10) .

Mr Honda said:
without a tow bar I wouldn't remove the bar/support (No. 8) as it is an added crash structure piece. look under wheel arches and top of bumper for clips/screws and remove them, then a little jigging needed to get the bumper off the mounts (No 10) .

OK, I'll try to strip it and see if it can be repaired/replaced. Thanks for the info guys

Hi grentuu
Looks like you've come the right place for info! Brake pads are an easy job to do yourself - I managed it! Check out the guide in the diy section. If you're short of certain tools, I'm down the M58, near Ormskirk. Pop by and we can sort it.