What's new

Battery drain 2.2 CDTI

LairdRuss

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-CDTI
Hi all,

I've been having some trouble starting, after putting in a new battery at weekend i was still having an issue. Got the meter on it today.
Disconnected battery neutral, put meter between neutral cable and terminal. 2.7amps!
So i started pulling fuses out second one i tried. A 30amp fuse in fuse box, and the reading dropped significantly.
I dont have a diagram but when i started seeing what worked and what didn't, the stereo didn't, neither did central locking.

Any ideas where i go from here? I've uploaded picture, I'm standing by passenger wing mirror so picture is essentially upside down.
80b6c2255a309305f2cc3fb3aa4e1e87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep as Cliff says does the car have a factory Bluetooth kit? Or any aftermarket electrical devices?

There is a known problem with Honda factory Bluetooth modules failing internally and causing a parasitic battery drain.

Factory fit hit is the most common cause of battery drain. To test correctly for drain, you will need to connect the ammeter, lock the car, wait about 15 mins for the Micu etc to power down. If the current consumption is still high then you will need to start disconnecting components. The hft module is located behind the centre dash vents. A new unit if I remember correctly is about £1000.

Thanks for the replies. No extra accessories, nothing i can see labelled up as handsfree, done a scan on my phone, no bluetooth devices found. Does anyone have a list of whats running off that fuse? I was going to fit an aux cable to the factory stereo anyway so ***uming i can reach around and disconnect to check its not that...

Right then, after finding a manual online and finding a very good thread on here containing the fuse index. It looks like this fuse (engine bay no15) amongst other things is on the supply to engine bay no7 which in turn feeds interior fuse box nos5-9, which include the stereo and door locks. I'll try and get the meter back on tomorrow if i have time. Pull those fuses one by one and see which one is misbehaving.

Ok, i pulled every fuse in the box by drivers right foot. Still getting between 2.7-3amps., is there another fuse box somewhere?

Yes in the engine bay on the near side.

Fuse 15. In engine bay fuse box, pull that and it drops to 0.6amps. I'm led to believe thats acc/back up, trying to work out where that goes

Hi having had new battery & alt.fitted both were faulty bluetooth was disconnected and batt drain fixed so far ( touch wood ) :lol:

There is loads of information regarding Bluetooth issue on here

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk