What's new

HFT and Palm 750

PeterB

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I had a Palm 680 phone which paired with my Accord and worked with no problems. I now have a Palm 750 (Which is in the Honda list of compatible phones). When I try to pair it the phone asks for the four digit password then I get the message "Your device did not connect with Honda HFT. The connection failed or the passcode is incorrect." I have tried with several different passcodes so I dont think that is the problem. The phone runs Windows CE and there seem to be very few settings I can alter. Any ideas ?

Peter

Just checking... but...

Did you put your phone into discoverable mode - then go through the HFT pairing process and when the HFT is looking for your phone, did you get your phone to search for bluetooth devices at the same time?

I have found that just having your phone in discoverable mode is not enough, you need to search on your phone as the HFT is searching.

Just checking... but...

Did you put your phone into discoverable mode - then go through the HFT pairing process and when the HFT is looking for your phone, did you get your phone to search for bluetooth devices at the same time?

I have found that just having your phone in discoverable mode is not enough, you need to search on your phone as the HFT is searching.

I found the same. With the phone searching for a Bluetooth connection it finds Honda HFT. Then asks for the password. I enter the password and get the error message on the phone.

Peter

The car needs to to find the phone, not the other way round. The phone has to be discoverable for it to be found. So remember to turn it back to invisible when you are done.