What's new

7th Gen - What have you done today?

Goodluckmonkey

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CN2
On the forum I came from, this was always a great thread, be it simply pictures of a clean car, a brake pad swap, or a full motor overhaul.

A day late, yes. Over the weekend I replaced the following:

(All front end)
Upper track control arms
Lower Control arms
Rack ends
Track rod ends
Ball joints

My blow torch and big hammer have had a proper work out this weekend. Had to cut the offside LCA out as it broke the welded captive but on the subframe, and the bush was siezed.
The near side LCA bush was siezed too, but fortunately that shifted with a LOT of heat and some brute force.

Just waiting on my new VSA module now so I can drive it.

Well done :D

I have just done mine front end as well:

Upper control arms
Lower control arms
Tie end rods
Drop links

I was fortunate that nothing was seized.

I realised the anti roll bar bushes on the subframe are worn as well so I got them on order... That is the final job to make the front end solid.

Nice! Got shock envy and miss the Bilsteins that were on my last car.
Thing is, the shocks on the accord are near new OE ones, and it seems daft to change them.

Sure your saloon will feel great on the eibach/Koni combo.

Looks great man. Be sure to update us on the ride once they're fitted.

A bit late, but last weekend i attacked my headlights with a 3M Restoration kit. I found the my lights were spectacularly ineffective on my newly extended commute and the hazy yellowing was pretty bad. It had been on my list for ages and finally felt i should get round to it. Annoyingly i don't have any photos as i was rushing to do it between rain showers, but the difference is incredible and the process was really easy.

I also shoved some new Phillips X-Treme bulbs to finish the transformation, so now I can see where i am going again ^_^

Finished jobs are great for showing what can be done but DIY writeups are probably more helpful to other members.

Scraped some of the muck off it.

Pentas are back on for a while as the weather's naff, but even two of those are desperate for a refurb.

Looks lovely dude

Today I rectified my mistake.

When I replaced the front ABS sensors, I drilled the nearside one out in situ, but removed the hub to do the offside one.

I'd managed to leave a piece of swarf in the nearside one. This damaged the ABS tone ring, which is built into the bearing seal.

New NTN bearing (same as OE) from Euro Car Parts today (Fortunately they're giving an extra online discount for Xmas at the moment) and installed it this afternoon. I now have happy ABS again.

Thankfully the install's not too bad:

Hub ***embly off
Remove stainless cover ring
Knock hub out of bearing centre
Remove circlip
Beat out old bearing
Cut leftover inner race from hub shaft
Heat hub
Remove bearing from freezer and carefully drive in square using a big spreader plate and the old bearing to finish.
Install new circlip
Use a spring compressor, and two big washers to pull the new hub into the bearing.
Re-install stainless cover ring
Re-fit hub ***embly to car.

(Just under 2 hours work including tea drinking, unfortunately I had no biscuits)

Moral of the story - hubs off to drill out the sensors.

Summer wheels went back on yesterday (with a pair of new front tyres) and inspected all the suspension and brake components while I was there.
Forgot how well it sits on its 19's.

Today's jobs: Engine flush and oil change (inc. filter)
Give it a bath. As it hasn't been done since the above pic, approx 7k ago.

Stripped and rebuilt rear calipers, plenty of red rubber grease to hopefully prevent the rusty mung that was in them when I pulled the pistons.
New rear discs as well, and cleaned the handbrake shoes, they have very thin linings but I guess they are just designed to hold the car not provide any braking from speed.
Washed it and vacuumed as well.

It's like a totally different car now. Nothing like the scabby old filth bucket it's appeared to be all winter.

The Indigo Blue does look lovely when freshly cleaned.

Hi, newbie here. Had my tourer for about 9 months with no trouble at all. However, it has recently started cutting out under load and the osr brakes started binding something awful.
So, I spent the first few hours of my bank holiday Monday fitting a new diesel filter and stripping and cleaning the caliper. Back to running perfectly. You really wouldn't know it's done over 100k miles

Saturday morning bright and early
:
Air Filter
Pollen Filter
Oil Filter
0W30 Oil
Front Wipers

Done!

Maybe not today but in last few weeks service been done:
- oil and OEM oil filter
- air filter
- OEM fuel filter
- pads and discs checked and still good

I have also start wraping "wood" inside. I don't like it as it fits Merc more then Honda in my opinion. Just to check if color is right i wrapped only window switch cover on back doors. This is how it looks like:

early morning start

EGR removal and clean
will be doing a how to on it soon

Have you had it mapped out?

Used to run a partial blank in mine till I had it mapped out by Fahad.

Goodluckmonkey said:
Have you had it mapped out?

Used to run a partial blank in mine till I had it mapped out by Fahad.
no she is running standard
I was in contact with Fahad but funds are tight at the moment.
not sure i would spend too much on it now with 170,000+ miles . . .

Did a bad job of cleaning it - it hadn't been done in about 6k miles, and polished the headlamps again - they go opaque far too quickly.

Goodluckmonkey said:
Did a bad job of cleaning it - it hadn't been done in about 6k miles, and polished the headlamps again - they go opaque far too quickly.
I have sanded and sprayed clear coat on my headlights... holding out well so far.

Also no elbow grease required to polish.

Good to know Major774. Keep us informed of how it holds up.

My car sailed through another MOT test this morning.
117k on the engine and turbo,
172k on the chassis.

Ready for another year of towing, commuting, and being used in ways honda never intended.

I'm starting to grow fond of the old girl.

Can't remember exactly when I done mine, between August-October 2016 probably.

I will take pictures of the headlights and spray can in September 2017 to keep the forum informed.