What's new

DPF warning light and water in boot

led

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord ES GT
hi folks, new here having just bought a 2009 accord gt before xmas. unfortunately 2 days ago the dpf warning light came on , yellow with ! mark, I was aware that due to my mixed driving that this was always going to be a possibility. I just didn't expect it to happen this quickly.

the warning popped up with zero advance warning, long drive didn't sort so took to a friend to clear the warning to allow a good blow out outside of limp mode however his reader only read one code with was throttle sensor which is probably linked to the safe mode. Any way it was clear but still had the warning light but no error reading dpf clogged etc

I have booked in with a local tuning company to remove the dpf next week including a egr delete and performance map it will cost me £360 all in. My question is has any one had throttle problems linked with the dpf light? this was from a bosch reader so not specific to Honda.

Second part of my query is water in the boot. Has anyone had this issue, ive saw one post about it but that appears to have been sorted by Honda. mine is well out of warranty so I don't fancy Honda investigating to be honest. Now to go into it a little more, I bought the car having looked it over but not below the spare wheel kit. when I got it home while giving it a decent clean I noticed about an inch of water in the boot. I have since dried it out and keeping an eye on it, I even got in the boot and got someone to hose the car down while I was there but can see no clear signs where it could have come from, my only suggestion is build up over time from opening the boot while wet as I can see it runs in on the left size as I open it. does any one else have an issue like this?

Not aware of water in the boot, but just make sure you are using a reputable tuner who knows how to work with these cars. That price is too cheap for a decent quality job. Also have your EGR deleted and blanked at the same time.

Not aware of water in the boot, but just make sure you are using a reputable tuner who knows how to work with these cars. That price is too cheap for a decent quality job. Also have your EGR deleted and blanked at the same time.[/

Thanks for the reply. The place has probably the best rep in Northern Ireland. Having done some research these guys came highly recommended. I contacted most tuners here and maybe prices are just lower here. The guys I'm using are called auto tune based in ballymena, I've spoke to guys that use them religiously and they have nothing but praise. I spoke to taxi men who use them and have had maps for over 100k with no issue. It's nothing something I've jumped into, plenty of research was done. As for price that is the upper end of the scale here. Ringing around the prices were from 250 to 450

Having spoke to the guys they talked through each step and it was clear they knew exactly what they were doing. All in its approx 5 hours work according to them and that's a few guys working on it. Egr will be blanked and deleted at the same time and that's included in the price.

Out of interest what would you charge for that job? I'm not worried in the slightest about it being a "quality" job, as said they have a fantastic rep here. Many travel from all over ni to them, they are about an hour away from me so not too bad

yep 5 hours is about right mate, I don't know them but sounds like you've done your research and that's the main thing. Good luck with it pal.

Regarding water in the boot, best thing to do is clear it all out and empty the boot. Pour loads of talcum powder over the joints and shut lines and then use a hose pipe and cover the car in water with the boot shut. Hopefully you will see a trail where the water ingress is taking place.. It's a bit of a messy process, but i've seen it working.

I had water in my boot and took one bolt out of hinge at a time put lock tight on each one and fitted back on car
No water ingress since
Might be another issue but worth a go