What's new

Just been to Honda..

KieranD

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 2.2 CDTI Sport
So apparently on the diesel accords 03-07 the fog lamp units are sealed units meaning you can't replace the bulb. This isn't the same for all of them but is on an awful lot. Now I'm being told it will cost £150 pound for the new unit. However I bought some fog bulbs from horizon led's and fix the problem and match the lights. Is there a way that anyone knows to get non sealed units or could I go down the road of a petrol bumber and adapt it to allow it to meet the airflow needs of the diesel? Or could I go down the road of removing them both and replacing them with an led fog strip replacement style thing?

03-07 covers two different range of Accord.

On the pre facelift car from 03-06 the diesel foglight is a round cluster and you can change the bulb as I did this on mine. The screw rusts inside which is a different issue but it's definitely not a closed unit.

The facelift cars 06-08 have the same unit for the petrol and diesel but I believe those are also not sealed units. I've no idea why a Honda dealer would misadvise you in this way.

Euro car parts do a replacement unit £58 each never had one but could be worth a look

They said that it was an 'accessory' meaning it was an optional extra when new? It's the pre facelift model and all I really want to do is put my new bulbs in but apparently that's not possible? Il take a look at euro car parts as well!

It's possible

The dealer probably mis-understood ( did not listen) and was stating the glass lens is not replaceable. Maybe?

urban boy said:
The dealer probably mis-understood ( did not listen) and was stating the glass lens is not replaceable. Maybe?
makes sense, as with a headlight, it is a "sealed unit", apart from the fact that the bulb can be replaced from the back

Yeah I suppose so. I did say to them that I have bulbs I wanted to put in and whilst they were doing some other bits could they change the bulbs over and come back to me. I might have to wait till the rain stops and just try pulling the whole thing apart and looking for myself!