What's new

Driver Power Window Not Working!

Starsky

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0 EX
Hi guys,

All the power windows on my Accord 8th Gen were working fine. I parked the car as normal and locked the doors and armed the alarm using my remote. Once returning to the car, I started the car as normal and while driving tried to open the driver side power window but it just wouldn't open! The rest of windows (passengers and rears) are all working fine except for the back passenger window which was acting strange, it went up full and then went back half way. I have now managed to get that window closed fully. The drivers side is making the ticking noise but no action for the window opening.

Does anyone know why this has happened or what I can do to resolve the issue? Could it be a fuse which I have not checked yet?

Thanks in advance.

Having checked it again this morning, there is no clicking sound/noise when pressing/pulling the window switch for the driver's window.

Checked fuse and it's ok so it looks like it's the power switch unit for the drivers side. The switch seems to be knackered and out of line with the rest of the switches.

Now my job is to search a breaker and get the switch!!