What's new

Dashcam installation?

Mazeyshane

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 1.8
Where would be the best fuse to put the dashcam into? Its one of the next base ones where you plug it into a fise so it comes on and off when the car is on or off, what fuse is best one to use for this? Which one comes on and off when the ignition is turned off or on?? Thanks

When I did mine I used the nextbase hardwire kit and the fuse for the mirrors.
It seems the best choice to me as the mirror controls are switched on with the ignition and aren't too important should anything go wrong like the fuse blowing.

It's in the fuse box on the driver's side and there's a little space to stick the transformer in place to the inside of the dash.
I routed the cable up behind the A-pillar trim (just pull it off carefully) and then along the headlining to where I needed it.

Inside the cover for the driver's side fuse box there's a nice sized bolt (10mm I think) with a washer going through a bit of framework. That is perfect for the job as the spade for the negative wire sits nicely and it's easy to get to. Honda do seem to have made this an ideal place for this sort of installation unlike the mk4 Astra I had before which was just a pain in the behind.

Here's a rough picture of my setup.

You should be able to make out most of what I've done. The only bit I seem to have missed is the handy channel in the dash just to the top right of this picture where you can route the cable through nicely to the a-pillar. It's a bit fiddly (get something long and flexible to pull the cable through with) but makes for a very neat job.

Cheers mate i sorted it all lastnight and thats where i out mine :) thanks for your help mate much appreciate:)