What's new

VSA ABS Warning Lights

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi

I have just replaced the top and bottom ball joints with the valuable help of Goodluckmonkey and I also had to replace the VSA/ABS sensor as well. I have put all back together including the Sensor but upon starting the car, all three warning lights stay on. The VSA, ABS and the triangular warning light.

Having replaced the sensor, is there some sort of reset to carry our or what.

Since it was working before I replaced the sensor, I'm thinking it has got to be what I've done (or not done)

Bit desperate!!!! so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

If the abs light's on, then it's likely having trouble with a wheel speed sensor, which is why it's disabling the VSA too.

If you drive off, does the abs light go off, then come back on?

Hi Goodluckmonkey

Thanks for your reply.

No, I drove forward a few feet but the lights stay on. I bought a new wheel sensor via Ebay which looks exactly the same as the Honda part that I took off. The seller which is a bonafide company say that it fits the car. I have also tried another one as well but with the same result.

I am still getting 12.2 volt supply to the connector.

if you want to get the right part number for your car start here https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

when you get to the main drawing with parts listed underneath, parts will start with "PFKL". To get proper Honda part numbers, remove "_pfk" from the url of the page that is showing the "PFKL" numbers. Then find out if the ebay part is a replacement for the Honda part number.

Ureka!!!!!!

Goodluckmonkey, Out of desparation I tried driving off again and this time I went a bit further. The lights went off after couple hundred meters.

I was starting to think I was going to have to spend £178 on a sensor from Honda

Time to keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help you two.

Result!

Mine took a few mph to work out what was going on after I'd changed mine too.