What's new

K20A6 Service Tools

stu08

Members
Reaction score
Car
TBC
Hi everyone,

I'm going to change the oil and transmission fluid on my 2.0 Sport. I believe there is a specific tool to remove the filter; I'm unsure of which size to use though.

Can anyone link me to the correct tool for removing the oil filter?

I'm also looking for a gearbox key to drain the transmission fluid out; again, does anyone have any information or a link on the correct key?

Finally; I believe that the K20A6 can use a range of oils, typically 5w30 Fully Synthetic. Would this be the BEST oil to use, or is there a better recommended oil for this engine?

Thank-you for any help.

Stu

I've located an bought a genuine Honda oil filter removal tool.

Just need the gearbox key now.

Found the gearbox key; purchased!

Can anyone advise on the best engine oil option?

Hi mate where did you get the gearbox tool from and what does it look like ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I'm now having doubts I've bought the wrong one. I've looked on the side of my 5 speed box, and can see only a hex style socket, not the square 3/8 I thought it was.

I'll link the one I bought anyway, just in case.

Just realised.........................I'm looking on the wrong side of the car for the gearbox! I think I have the right tool now.

Worth taking the fill plug off first - if it won't undo then at least you're not up the creek with an empty gearbox you can't refill.

Transmission fluid changed. I learnt the lesson of: Don't bother buying the gearbox key. From the underside it's an absolute nightmare and there isn't enough space for the gearbox tool on a rachet.

I ended up simply using the 3/8 square drive head on my breaker bar. This was suggested elsewhere, but I thought I'd be a smart arse lol.

Hi,

Regarding the filling of the gearbox with oil, do you need to use a funnel with a hose or something? I can't really tell from the manual where the fill hole is but it does not look too accessible.

Thanks.

Hi.

Yes I used a funnel and piece of clear tube to fill the gearbox from the top of the engine bay.

I drained the oil from the bottom 3/8 square bolt, then refitted it once empty. I then removed the bolt above the drain plug and lowered the car back on to the ground.

I then fed the tube through the engine bay and in to the hole. Filled the gearbox using a funnel until transmission fluid came out of the fill hole.

Make sure you can remove the fill plug before draining the fluid. You don't want an empty gearbox with no way to fill it up.

The fill hole is on the side of the gearbox above the drain hole. Once you see it, it's easy access from the underside to remove. Then fill from the top.