What's new

Mk7 executive navigation aux in

Swallow

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord mk7 ctdi ex
Hi All, new member here, great forum, from which I have already learnt a lot and had great ***istance when purchasing my new (to me) mk7 tourer executive 2007.

I've searched the forum many times but not found a defined I five answer to the following....

My car has the Honda navigation system, with in built 6 CD changer (all 6 CD's front load below the screen).

I'm trying to install an aux in device for listening to MP3/spotify from phone. Have just wasted a morning trying to fit a connects2 box, which is not compatible.

Can anyone who has successfully fitted an aux in to the exact same navi head unit please let me know exactly which device they used to do this, and where it plugs into the factory head unit.

As I m already having to send the connects2 device back, ie really like to get it right this time...

Just to reiterate, my factory head unit is the Premium Sound System, with Navigation and a front loading 6cd changer just below the navigation screen.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Apologies also for the typo's in the above message - was typing on a tablet, which thinks it knows better....

Search on forum for "xcarlink". There is more but if u gonna find topic about this one there will be more names of those units. I just remember this one ;)
Gnom is another one but this is expensive if i remember correctly ;)

Xcarlink is the interface most people have used. I have the same one in this link (ipod adapter) but xcarlink offers bluetooth streaming version on their website for a bit more money.

It should plug straight into the cd changer port on the premium sound system and its accessed by pressing the CD/aux button - this then toggles through to the aux mode where it will play an external music source i.e. bluetooth from the phone or ipod etc.

http://hondakarma.com/guides/xcarlink-mp3-unit-install.16/

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=3

Hope it helps

Thanks Alex - my CD/aux button on the RHS of the display does nothing when pressed - possibly as I have nothing connected to the white socket (the only vacant socket) on the rear of the unit.

Does the CD/aux button only move over to aux when pressed AND there is something connected to the socket?

Just wandering if my head unit is working fine before laying out on an xcarlink...

All the best, Tom

Hi Tom,

You might need to wait for confirmation from someone to try this who hasnt got anything plugged into their cd changer port. I dont think i actually tried pressing it when i first got the car.

If there is no equipment in the cd changer port then my ***umption would be that the system would not do anything and continue playing the current music source.

My ***umption would be as you have described. As you have nothing in the cd changer port the system can change to it via the cd/aux button.
How did you connect your connects2 device?

I plugged the connects2 lead into that same spare/aux port but it did nothing...
EBay seller stated it was suitable for navi units - however after speaking to connects2 tech support, I learn otherwise!
Just want to make sure 2nd time around I get it right...
Looking at xcarlink with Bluetooth now, looks promising

Thanks for help, Tom

One other thing Alex - with your setup, I take it there was no need for a "Y-splitting cable"? Instead just the one cable from the xcarlink box that runs up to the spare aux port on the head unit? Plus whatever lead you use from iPod to xcarlink box...

Cheers, Tom

I have grom audio connected through the white plug and when you press the cd aux button I changes between cd and cdc which is your aux input . I didn't need a y splitter cable and my cd changer still works as normal.

Sorry to hear about the dis honest ebay seller. Cant you raise a dispute and get the unit returned to the seller? You easily get your money back with only losing out on the return postage.

Yep, as far as i am aware. My Xcarlink was pretty much plug and play. I think the Y link cable is designed for the honda systems without the cd changer port so it must piggy back off another source.

So xcarlink unit, main loom of the xcarlink plugs into rear cd changer port of the premium sound system. Then the audio feed cable from the xcarlink will plug into ipod or audio source.
Thats it.

if it still doesnt work then there may be an issue with your cd changer port socket? check for any bent pins within the connector. It could also be faulty too but very unlikely.

If you wanted the handsfree bluetooth xcarlink - you have note that if you answered or recieved a call the system has to be on the Aux mode.

I was thinking of going for this but didnt like that idea. I went for a parrot system in the end.
As my OEM HFT handsfree system had issues - common fault on face lifts accords.

Thanks everyone for help 7 advice - much appreciated.

I've ordered a Grom audio bluetooth unit - primarily as have seen above/elsewhere online that it works, coupled with the fact that I was able to speak to Grom Audio very easily over the phone and be reassured that it will definitely work...

At least having pulled the dash apart a few times I can do it in minutes now..!

Hoping it will arrive tomorrow and then I'll have sounds/hands free phone

Good choice, I've heard the Bluetooth version of grom is really good.

Grom audio BT3 box recieved this morning - installed & it appears to be completely plug&play - finally, very pleased to have sounds in car. Not yet connected Microphone etc up for calls but have set up phone to launch "drive Mode" when Bluetooth activated - automatically connects to stereo, playing Spotify & steering wheel controls (channel up/down) forward/replay Spotify - very clever!!!

Tom nice to know you got Grom audio all working. I've been looking at xcarlink and Grom but wasn't sure which one to go for. But after reading your very positive feedback I'm inclined towards Grom.
Could you please let me know which ones you got from Grom? Thanks

I am a supporter of the Grom. If you plan to have HFT, go for the one that has this as an option to add later, it is maybe 30€ more expensive than the one that does not support HFT.

My suggestion is to buy radio transmiter. I bought mine for just £3 and it's the size of small finger and does exactly the same as aux connection but it's less trouble and cost.
24c8cb5b4b3da75aeab2fbb0d7079d7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They are ok but the sound quality is terrible from the ones I have used.

If you could afford Grom, go for it without hesitation, the newest is the one with USB3. Get the one with bluetooth HFT option, it can be bought later. It costs around 150€, but the quality cannot be beaten. Settings are updateable via .ini file. If you do not need the HFT then buy the one without that option, it costs around 115€.

Over got one for last two years. Only minus is I have to charge it every time I drive. Battery life is not that great. Other than that I can't complain.

Besides for something like that I payed £2 or £3.

crown_bg said:
I am a supporter of the Grom. If you plan to have HFT, go for the one that has this as an option to add later, it is maybe 30€ more expensive than the one that does not support HFT.
Does the Grom BT3 work with the steering wheel controls for calls and also music in the same way the Honda factory kit works?

I

Accord-EX said:
Does the Grom BT3 work with the steering wheel controls for calls and also music in the same way the Honda factory kit works?
I have a facelift 2.2 tourer with premium sound and for me the Grom was plug and play. I have mine set for auto answer after 2 rings and the steering wheel controls work on all functions, however the cancel call is done through the CH + and - rather than the Voice control buttons at 7 O'Clock.
BT audio streaming works perfectly and track selection is done through the same CH+ - Button.

Bounder said:
I

I have a facelift 2.2 tourer with premium sound and for me the Grom was plug and play. I have mine set for auto answer after 2 rings and the steering wheel controls work on all functions, however the cancel call is done through the CH + and - rather than the Voice control buttons at 7 O'Clock.
BT audio streaming works perfectly and track selection is done through the same CH+ - Button.
So you can answer the call using the correct HFT steering wheel button but to end the call you have to use the CH+- Button on the actual Radio itself?

No, Mine is set to auto answer after 2 rings and I hang up by using the CH- switch.
The HFT buttons are redundant unless you want to use them for navigation.

Really undecided whether to get a second hand hft module or the grom bt3. The thing really putting me off is that you cannot use the answer and end call buttons on the steering wheel to control the grom

You can still answer with the steering wheel controls just not the secondary buttons, you use the CH+- button instead.
at 9 O'clock next to the Volume rocker