What's new

Electrical nightmare!

Yam66

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S Tourer
Hi Lads,

not been on here for a while, im now a year into ownership of my 2011 Accord type S tourer, shes the 2.2 diesel.

Its been mostly good,i like the mpg,i like the punchy engine. I think the car is a touch delicate though, paintwork marks very easily etc.

Im having some issues which seem to be common to the accord, thought i would post them up here to see if any of you can direct me to a solution!

There has been an intermittant boot opening fault for a few months now, but it never lasted, like, i would try to open the boot when leaving the house for work-wouldnt open, but when i got to work 20 mins later it would open fine.
Now however, in the last week, the boot wont open, the passenger front door window wont operate from either its own switch or the one on the drivers door, the mirror on the passenger door wont adjust with the little button, but the drivers door mirror will, same with the folding mirrors, the drivers door one folds up normally, the passenger side wont wont move.
It sounds like possibly the wiring to the door? ive pulled the rubber boot back and had a fiddle with the wiring, made no diference, ive also tried to check all the fuses, the fusebox in the cabin(passenger footwell) seems all ok, the one under the bonnet seems ok but i cant get a decent look at the fuses in there, (a long thing fuse type thing held in by a bolt?)

any input/advice would be gratefully recieved before i resort to letting a garage have it!

cheers lads,

John

It sounds like the nsf window switch is faulty, and possibly the osf as well. I have replaced a few now. The trouble shooting is pretty useless from what I remember basically substitute good known unit. If you can try one first before booking into a garage you could save some money.

Thanks for the input guys, i will have to get looking for a replacement switch, i will give that a go first, would a switch from a previous generation fit or does it need to be for the specific model, i know sometimes these type of things are almost like generic?