What's new

Actuator Vacuum Pump Issue

RDbandit

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Exec
Hi Guys,

Need a little help.

I’m new here and actually new Honda also.

I recently bought an accord with a blown turbo. I got the turbo reconditioned and replaced it there at the weekend. I took it out for a run and everything seems dandy. However when I got back to the garage, I was checking for leaks and the usual stuff when I realized that I had forgot to put the heat shield back on the exhaust manifold.

So, I set about putting it back on, I was having a bit of difficulty fitting it back into place, leaning on the engine while doing so, I heard the unmistakable sound of plastic snapping. It turned out to be the little plastic cylindrical thing on top of the solenoid which is hooked up to the actuator. I’m ***uming it’s some sort of vacuum pump.

My question is (what is the purpose of this little plastic thingy) and how important is it? It's number 5 on schematic below. I can upload a photo also if needed,

http://www.lingshonda.co/honda_car_parts_large_image_c50.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=E__3200&block_03=2847

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Connor

It's the turbo actuator which commands the opening and closing of the vanes. It's pretty critical if you want to enjoy some boost :p

Who doesn't enjoy the boost? lol

Yeah was thinking it was important but I just don't understand what the purpose of that plastic cylinder is, and how it would affect the operating of the solenoid.

Any ideas?

It's the vacuum actuator. It's what controls the level of suction