What's new

RIP Honda Accord Type S...(Pic Heavy)

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
...Well guys I've not had the heart to do this until now so apologies it is late.

As the majority of members here know i was very active on here, setting up meets, getting involved etc. Now i have not been on this forum for quite a while as i kept trying to put what happened behind me and ultimatley seeing everyone's cars made me miss mine more.

On the 22nd November 2016 at approx 23.45 i was involved in a serious RTA just minutes from my house, coming back from the gym. If anyone remembers that was the cold patch we had and subsequently the rain that had been coming down had frozen over resulting in the formidable black ice.

Mid corner the back of my car decided to try to overtake the front (the majority of you know also i know how to drive my/a car in general) and all i remember is aiming for the tree away from the parked cars and then hitting it pretty much head on.

This was the result...

130ccef5919338d3f793995af7d161f5.jpg

c62fc1058d64230bd00acec82bca34ae.jpg

efa587a2fbc3e13f33ef7e562ceb5eba.jpg

8a544985b3b9f6f8dc2c75db9dcb9616.jpg

49928886808d3de4c56ed5af0117bf4c.jpg

12ca9b8fa3485ef46b33690f111fcf21.jpg

Will let that sink in.

So you might be thinking how is he alive or even what the hell happened to me? Well after coming to a stop i opened the door and sat on the floor. The door would not actually close afterwards so i have no idea how i opened it.

Now imagine your family had been informed that you had been in an accident, they arrive and they see the car before they see you. Don't want to know what they thought at the time.

Anywhoo there's not much to tell you about my injuries as someone was looking over me and i have nothing to report apart from the doctors face at the hospital when my mate showed him those pictures.

Now to the cheery more pleasant part. I now had to find a new car. I thought for a week or two and debating about what to get often going back to the car i originally had my eyes on. So a trip to the local VW garage was in order to see what deal i could get. At this point i was not so pushy as i had no car so wanted my convenience and freedom back...i hate asking for lifts.

So dealer came back to me and said they have a Golf Gti with the spec i wanted ready to go. After a brief discussion he came to me and said he has a cancelled order on a Golf R with the extras that i wanted in the same colour etc.

At this point there was a 6 month waiting list for an R and this was 2 weeks from being delivered to its owner when he cancelled. The R was give or take £10k more expensive than the Gti so i declined.

He spoke to his manager and after a full day of negotiations i more than halved the price difference and put down a deposit on a 65 plate 0 mile White Golf R 5 Door DSG with plenty of options.

Now all i had to do was get insurance in the two weeks i had before the car was delivered...i really should have thought about that before i bought the car. And too make it even worse they took me upstairs to show me it when I put the deposit down...

926b40a9cfbbc37d68050b32ee50f646.jpg

After somehow finding insurance which believe me was hard at my age with 6 points and a written off car but anyways I got to the collection day.

eadf386c6ad4ff899a93128659c49998.jpg

7439b64b8758680149cfee3eb96fc568.jpg

afa735f8e0259b96928bb51027516e53.jpg

Took it home and briefly took more pics albeit not great ones...

cbc4889fb806e8b428fcc0f5fb0fcf99.jpg

ff9611d4e6761ac078a2f521da8cefb6.jpg

1aee80d69b67cf98053d8443a85f82cd.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/4f024c24456461b16646280bdba0ba8a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/e01ec38e8859901684cdaecef8483b57.jpg

After a detail Polish and wax from the best in the business...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/9798ca491b0ac5a346501004140334cf.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/eb0c56f8d9918b9e83f969a8a401bcc4.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/0e3b69df628318b624e01bf3a68e841c.jpg

So that's my story. Hope you've enjoyed the long read. It starts off bad but ends nicely. I currently have mods planned out to up power to 400 from 300 and some other bits as you all know i get carried away with mods.

I loved the Honda and I loved the support on here along with all of our meets that we had even meeting Steve's son! What a petrol head he will be.

Thanks guys and I hope to see you at meets and you'll have to forgive me being the German but I promise not to park anywhere near you guys [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh! That's one hell of a smash dude! I'm glad you're ok. We love our cars, but let's face it, they're metal boxes on wheels and life is far more important.

Your new whip looks sweet bro!

^ I dunno, 30mph into a tree will do that, mind you if you're at 30mph to begin with, you'd hope to be less than that when the car and tree meet.

What happened to the tree ? In some ways, a tree is the best way to stop, providing it is not >30mph and head-on.

Just goes to show the strength of modern cars, a car from the 70's or 80's would be very different, there but for the grace of god it never happened to me back then (or never in fact)

Hi Steve

Yeah bad ain't it. Well it was actually funny in a way because the policeman was saying it's not icy and next minute his colleague slips and lands on his *** haha.

Although this was from the same officer that said my car was RWD and I had 'drifted' too be told that it's fwd and there are no tyre marks on the floor and witnesses have backed up my version of events and excess speed was not a factor.

Ukcl9 thanks for your concern but no I was not speeding and no the points were not from this accident. That happened over 2 years ago.

Oh and the tree? Absolutely nothing happened to it. Like nothing.

Crikey, glad you are ok from the accident you had. Cars are replaceable but life isnt.
Really amazed you walked away from that.

Serious damage to the accord though, does show the accord is a well made car and can withstand a mighty hit.

Loving the new car :)

I've seen photos of absolutely wrecked cars and the tree, just a couple of scratches in the bark...

Glad nobody was hurt.

I've seen enough crashes to know that wasn't a 30mph impact. You're lucky your license wasn't penalised. Hope it's a lesson for all viewing this.

F6had you know me well enough to know i wouldn't lie. No need to prove myself but plenty witnesses saying no excess speed. The corner of any car will buckle quicker than hitting head on. Either way I didn't post this to debate speed.

I think that in a modern car, a head-on into a tree at sub 30 mph is very survivable. Didn't Clarkson drive an old Volvo on TG into a wall at 30 mph ? (wall is different than a tree though)

It's a shame for that to happen though. Closest I came was in November 2010, it snowed on a Friday night and I decided to drive the 130 miles back from Reading, I was belting down a country lane and the car suddenly veered to the right, up onto a grass bank, heading towards a fence and trees, I just managed to get it back onto the road, now at mucg reduced speed, and it did a 180 and went sideways into a hedge back on the LHS.

I remember seeing the fence and the trees and thinking "no way, you're not having this car", but the hedge on the other side got the car instead. Still the same car as now.

Hamid92 said:
F6had you know me well enough to know i wouldn't lie. No need to prove myself but plenty witnesses saying no excess speed. The corner of any car will buckle quicker than hitting head on. Either way I didn't post this to debate speed.

To me it looks like sub 30 by the time it hit the tree, all that momentum into a dead stop at ~20 will easily do that to a car. Head-on is also better than side-on as far as the way the body moves.

Sad to lose the car but if it's going to happen on unseen ice then it will happen to someone.

Glad your ok pal , good choice on the ( R ) really like them all I buy it jap or vag group [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to know your ok that all that matters

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

freddofrog said:
I think that in a modern car, a head-on into a tree at sub 30 mph is very survivable. Didn't Clarkson drive an old Volvo on TG into a wall at 30 mph ? (wall is different than a tree though)

It's a shame for that to happen though. Closest I came was in November 2010, it snowed on a Friday night and I decided to drive the 130 miles back from Reading, I was belting down a country lane and the car suddenly veered to the right, up onto a grass bank, heading towards a fence and trees, I just managed to get it back onto the road, now at mucg reduced speed, and it did a 180 and went sideways into a hedge back on the LHS.

I remember seeing the fence and the trees and thinking "no way, you're not having this car", but the hedge on the other side got the car instead. Still the same car as now.
should have told me this before I let you drive the CL9.. :wub: :unsure: :blush:

Doesnt matter if a car is £500 or £500k, Tree 1 : Car 0

Main thing is the OP is alive and well, the Golf R is a fine thing and has mighty acceleration.

toffee_pie said:
should have told me this before I let you drive the CL9.. :wub: :unsure: :blush:
what I remember of it, it felt like half a forest was stuck in the suspension already

toffee_pie said:
Doesnt matter if a car is £500 or £500k, Tree 1 : Car 0

Main thing is the OP is alive and well, the Golf R is a fine thing and has mighty acceleration.
Why have I only just seen this comment 1 year later! Anyways thank you mate, if your still on here!

Why is the meet up section dead? Would be great to see some of you again!