What's new

Lower Ball Joints.

jsmith89

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 VTEC Sport
Hi everyone.

I need to replace the lower ball joints but on Euros website there are 2 choices for the lower joint. One is 33.4mm and the other is 42mm I think.

I've changed the upper arms and that's put the bottom joints out now lol. 90k ball joints all starting to go now.

Any idea which size is correct?

Cheers

Joe

I just checked on Blue Print live and they don't have a listing for the lower ball joint but the track rods are only about £20 each and probably a lot easier than trying to get the ball joint out.

Just checked Euro's too and they're not exactly clear are they.

Good quality parts and saves the guess work.

Any links jsmith? I can't see any listing for diff sizes, make sure you don't get the cheap q drives one, the lemforder ones is you want.

I'm talking about the lower arms not the track rods. The lower arm don't come with ball joints. The lower joints are part of the hub. The lower arm is separate and the arm bolts to the joint.

exec said:
Any links jsmith? I can't see any listing for diff sizes, make sure you don't get the cheap q drives one, the lemforder ones is you want.
I've used qdrive upper arms and they seem to be OK.

MedicalFlyer said:
I just checked on Blue Print live and they don't have a listing for the lower ball joint but the track rods are only about £20 each and probably a lot easier than trying to get the ball joint out.

Just checked Euro's too and they're not exactly clear are they.

Good quality parts and saves the guess work.
I've changed the track rod ends. Febi bilstein ones.

I think the difference in size is for clearance of some sort of protector, but not 100% sure, let us know how you get on.

Wow thread revival!!

I got round to changing my lower ball joints. Turns out they are the larger 42mm joints on the hub ***embly. It was a big job but worth it. It involved the complete removal of the hub, brake caliper, top arm, lower arm, abs sensor track rod. Then lots of heat and a big hammer.

I found a tip online that suggested putting the new joints in the freezer a couple of days before to contract the metal. This tip really helped the installation of the new joints.

Here is a few pics of the fun I had.

DSC_00991_zpsfiwlhmkg.jpg

DSC_01011_zpstob0qf27.jpg

DSC_01021_zpskqsibaoa.jpg

DSC_01031_zpszshkvjit.jpg

DSC_01041_zpsnylm1jre.jpg

DSC_01081_zpsllscgyrs.jpg