What's new

Noise coming from passenger side door

uzy89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi

I have a 8th get accord 2.2 with the auto box. I have a weird noise coming from the passenger side (front) whilst I am in idle and driving. It appears to be coming from the speakers but the audio system is turned off. The best way for me to describe it is a farting like sound appears at idle and low speeds, very annoying. Could it be popped speakers?

Many thanks.

The audio doesn't have an effect on it. I have recorded the noises as follows, it appears to be coming from the passenger front door bottom speaker:

https://clyp.it/u4lqtfii

https://clyp.it/5kwr0ld0/

The first is whilst driving and the second is Idle moving from D in automatic mode to P. The noise you can hear is quite clear and very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ahhh I did wonder. No it's not a common noise. It might be something rattling in the door, try it with the door open, obviously not moving LOL

It stops with the door open, so must be something in the door. You think it could be the speaker or something else rattling inside it ?

if the speaker in the door is ok when you play music, then there's something loose inside the door, that resonates through the car body from slight engine vibration when the door is shut

Well I got some time and removed the door trim, d/c the speaker and the noise appears to be gone now. Does this mean the speaker was faulty or the wire?

Also, anyone got any recommendations for good speaker upgrades for the front door?

Thanks

when you removed the door-card (trim) did you shut the door and check before doing anything else, it might have been the trim/door-card that was loose

Yeah I tested at every stage I could to eliminate the noise. It only stopped once I d/c the speaker, however I was unable to remove the speaker so left as it was.

That is very strange indeed. If the audio power was off then the only thing I can think of is that there is some electrical current getting into the speaker wires, either directly, or induced.

To induce enough current into a speaker wire to get any sound would require the speaker wire to be wrapped around something else carrying an even larger current, so although not impossible, I would rule out "induced".

In which case, reconnect the speaker and closely listen to the sound quality out of that speaker without the engine running. If the sound quality is good, and if the noise IS coming from the speaker with the engine running with the audio turned off, then IMO someone has been rummaging with the wires at the back of the amp and has somehow managed to connect the speaker wire to something else as well as the amp output.