What's new

P016b ECU Internal Fault & DPF light

ChrisMaxBarra

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2Dtec EX GT
Guys I have this fault registered but no idea what it means... Any ideas?

I also have the DPF light on and in Limp mode. I got the error removed but light stayed on. I got a full DPF replacement so i hope no.2 hasn't gone...

Another strange this is the engine temp won't go above 70 degrees so can't preform a regeneration. Getting the sensor replaced to see if that works... mpg down so I'm hoping that because the temperature isnt getting high enough a normal regeneration can't take place (800k since last regen according to computer)....

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Has someone messed with your software? Has the car been remapped. I've seen this with bad remaps on these cars.

Yes it has been remapped around 3 years ago. Remap to be far seems fine and wasn't a drastic one. I have had computer on a number of times and the code hasn't reappeared but the other temp issue/dpf hasn't gone. New engine coolant sensor ordered so hopefully tomorrow will show more

It's nothing to do with whether your remap is drastic or not, any internal ecu fault suggests there is a problem with the software.

Anyway try your sensor. See how you get on.

Fahad, thanks for your input... quick question when you link computer to perform forced regeneration due to limp mode and the dpf light being on, do you have any warning messages on the computer regarding the dpf? Mine has no warning regarding it....

Cheers

Yep you normally have P2002 or a related error. Take it back to your tuner and ask him to flash the original file back on or take it to Honda for a factory software update.

Or book it in with me or anyone else who knows what they're doing with these motors and just have the DPF removed and ecu reflashed correctly.

Honestly nearly all the screwed up jobs I'm hearing about or solving seem to be coming from Ireland..

You can always send your ecu but really your first port of call needs to be either Honda or the guy with your original file to flash it back to stock.