What's new

Installing aux input socket for sound system.

Tim559011

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2005
Hi All,
I've been searching on the site to see if anyone has installed an auxiliary sound system input socket on a 2005 accord ctdi sport. Unless I'm a total fool, I can't find the socket in the car, and a search on YouTube gave me an American fellow installing the socket on his Accord, saying they are not factory fitted.
Can anyone provide a link on this site? or other information?
Thank you.
TM

Do a search for Xcarlink

There are discussions about the pros and cons of Xcarlink itself, and one or two alternative products, plus fitting tips etc.

I fitted a connects2 unit (p/n Connects2 CTVHOX001) about 30 quid on Amazon. It connects to the DC changer port on the factory head unit, I had mine fitted in about half and hour.

41WGTc9Vp4L._SX300__zps9nf2ayf6.jpg

There are some guides on here already but in short

Remove trim round gear shift
Remove ash try
Pry out the trinket tray - keep the cover closed or it will get jammed
You can feel your way from here - connect the aux unit to the CD changer socket and run the 3.5mm cable to the where ever you want to locate it
Test and reassemble

Im a big fan of the Xcarlink that I use with my Ipod. Installed in same way described above (~10 mins). It basically emulates a CD changer.

With the Xcarlink it connects via USB or 3.5mm. When the Ipod is plugged into the USB I can control it using the stereo controls: changing tracks, going between playlists using the disc+/- button or simply using it as a regular Ipod.

I've never used the CD player since!