I know this has been covered before but I started into my speaker upgrade this evening so I thought I'd document it as I went.
I couldn't source speaker adaptor pods anywhere in the UK so I picked these up on the US site. See details below
They are listed for a Honda Ridgeline but fit perfectly
To save butchering the original wiring I also got the wiring adaptors
1) Remove door cards - I use a cheap set of trim tools I picked up on Amazon to do any work around plastics. First remove the plastic trim covering the wing mirror mount
pry off the cover behind the interior door handle, undo screws
There is another screw under the rubber trim at the bottom of the pull handle on the door card, pry his up and remove
At this point you can remove the door card, I used a wide trim tool pryed round the edges of the door card. Release the bulb for the puddle light in he door and the card will swing out of your way and let you work.
The original speaker can be removed by releasing the spring clip at the top of the speaker and lifting the unit out of the door.
I thought I would take the opportunity to smother the front doors with sound deadening so covered he inside of the door skins and the frame with Dynamat type material
This is well worth doing as it has even deadened down the sound of the doors closing, sounds very Germanic now.
I was running out of light on the build up so I'll finish photos when I do the left side tomorrow morning