What's new

Fuel temperature sensor mysterious problem

n1ks0n

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CDTI
Hi guys,
I had my car connected to the honda diagnostic tool and gave the fallowing error: fuel temperature sensor malfunction or something like that. I'm not sure. The service then restarted The ecu, but the error reappeared and the strange thing is that the glow plugs light started flashing constantly. Before that there was no evidence of thes error on the dashboard. Then I ordered a genuine OEM sensor and isntalled it. New error appeared Fuel temperature sensor circuit high voltage and it seems that i cant get rid of it and the glow plug flashing. Guys at the service flashed the firmware to latest version, but nothing. The car is 2.2 i-ctdi 2005. They told me that it is something with the old ecu. If enynody could help me please let me know because i'm lost at this point :(.

Get an auto electrician to check it. Sounds like a wiring problem.

Searching in Google I have found just one result from another forum with the similar problem and it seems to be ecu specific, but nobody gave any opinions. Here i'am quoting the user:

Default Honda Accord 2.2D i-CTDi 2006 swap ECU
Hello friends!

There is a 2006 Honda Accord car 2.2D i-CTDi drowned. The car was without a key. The owner brought the set: key+immo+ecu, but the car in 2003. Engine starts and runs well, but there is one error: 185-02 Fuel temperature sensor circuit high voltage. If insert the original control unit Bosch 0281012582, the car will not start but this is no error. Is it possible to adapt the old ECU Bosch 0281012582 to a new immo or flash a donor ECU Bosch 0281011546 firmware from the original. Full BDM with both units in the archives.

Thanks in advance.

Problem solves. After buying another used sensor from a pre-facelift accord i have just found out that the cable to the plug was broken probably by the shop that replaced the old one. I have somehow managed to repair the plug and now the annoying glow plug light is not flashing constantly. There is no difference in the sensor between the pre- and facelift. :)