What's new

Leather Seats Swap From ES to EX

Charis007

Members
Reaction score
Car
Vaxual Corsa
Hello all,

I will be glad if someone can help me out here and my apologies if this question has already been answered.
I found an 8 Gen Accord 2008 model 2.2 IDTEC ES with 112k miles on the clock going for 3.5k in auto trader. I think its a good bargain for that price and millage.

My only concern is that it is not leather seats which has the electric lumber support. I am over 6 feet tall and lumber support is a must for me else back ache on long drives.
I have seen second hand leather EX seats on ebay for as little as £100. My question is whether or not I can fit an EX seats on an ES model. the EX has some electric connectors which powers the seats backwards and forewards. so I am not sure if the ES has these connectors.

Dose anyone know much about these or I am just day dreaming?

Can't advise on the possibility of swapping the seats, but for info my '61 ES has adjustable lumbar support, it's just not electric.
Totally in the wrong place for me in any case, it's not nearly low enough for my taste -feels more like half way up my back.
I missed full leather when I went from 7th to 8th Gen, now I don't don't notice it at all.

Matt said:
Can't advise on the possibility of swapping the seats, but for info my '61 ES has adjustable lumbar support, it's just not electric.
Totally in the wrong place for me in any case, it's not nearly low enough for my taste -feels more like half way up my back.
I missed full leather when I went from 7th to 8th Gen, now I don't don't notice it at all.
@Matt Nothing compares to full leather.. that is one of the most important feature a car must have for me. Its a shame I am not able to get the right information about swapping the seats. The nice accord i saw is an 8 Gen type Es. i will do some more google search.