What's new

Leaking air conditioning hose replace or refurbish?

Mellenchip86

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 ES
Hi all. Some of you may have seem my air conditioning woes already but I've found the source of my leak. It's the hose that runs from the compressor to the top of the condenser and it's leaking around the crimped lower joint nearest the compressor. My questions are these. Can it be repaired? I'm finding it difficult to find a replacement. Is it worth trying a scrap yard or will any rescued parts likely be bad as well? I don't want to waste another £50 gassing it for another leak to show up

Many thanks.

Hi Matthew can you go to a hydraulic place to make a new hose up.

Hi. Does anyone know of anywhere in either south london of near stoke on trent that can do that?

Hi Mathew have you gave Holdcroft Honda a call to see if they have a genuine hose.

Your local Honda dealer should be able to look it up for you, from memory it's called the discharge hose

Yes i imagine that honda could probably source the part but it would probably cist more than the car! Lol. It's worth asking though I suppose. Thanks guys

Hi guys. I called honda. £99 for a new hose. Not as bad as I thought but it's still probably 25% of the value of the car. I could buy a whole car for parts for £150! Lol.

Try Pirtek - they are nationwide and helped me out one time with re-fabricating a power steering cooling line. If you can't get an exact end fitting, the existing crimp could be cut off and a new coupling welded on that would fit a standard crimp.