What's new

Left hand direction indicator flashes twice more often than right one

dandreye

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2L MT (CL7)
Hi All,

***uming it's a faulty direction indicator / emergency lights flasher relay malfunction whereabouts does it reside in the car?

Many thanks in advance!

Usually when your indicator flashes twice as fast, there is a dead bulb somewhere on the car, switch all your lights on and locate the dead bulb, replace it and that should fix the problem.

Sorry, I misread your post.

I've no idea about relays or anything, I'm clueless about Hondas.

DamonT:

Thanks for your reply: I did check all my lights already just before the recent MOT and they were fine. Will check the same again just in case as the problem only started 2 days ago.

Update: spot on: it turned out to be front direction indicator in the headlight ***embly not working indeed. Couldn't believe my eyes as I swapped their bulbs on my own just days ago (the old ones were discoloured). Will have to check the circuitry as its helix still looks good.

They were probably not on probably, they come loose when going over humps, potholes etc.

I once had an issue with an indicator not working occasionally.

Clean the contacts and then get a small flat screwdriver and gently prise them upwards to ensure a decent connection on the bulb. Over time the springiness goes and they don't press on the bulb as firmly as they should.