What's new

smooth numberplate front bumper

Herdy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 CDTI Saloon
Hi folks, can anybody tell me where to get a bumper like this one is it part a standard part or has the owner filled the holes in the bumper where the number plate mounts to? Because mine has square cutouts behind the number plate. Any help would be appreciated.

The image was taken by jsmith89.

Kind regards,
Ben

That's not a standard bumper, it must have been cut and plastic welded, filled and painted.
The only thing with that is that the number plate covers a large proportion of the air intake hole below the plate. I wonder if the cooling has suffered from that being blocked?

Bounder said:
That's not a standard bumper, it must have been cut and plastic welded, filled and painted.
The only thing with that is that the number plate covers a large proportion of the air intake hole below the plate. I wonder if the cooling has suffered from that being blocked?
that was my thought but I thought I'd be better asking the gurus of accords haha. I think it must have an effect on cooling.

That's Tomas'. It's an after market front lip. I forget the name. I'm sure he'll pop on before long and let you know what it's called.

Stevearcade said:
That's Tomas'. It's an after market front lip. I forget the name. I'm sure he'll pop on before long and let you know what it's called.
Brilliant, cheers for that :) might end up putting a bit of fibreglass matt over the back and filling the holes (because I'm cheap haha)

midaev1 said:
i have same lip on mine. gonna change to bigger one but car too low at front.
here is a link for that lip mate
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2005-Acura-TSX-P1-Style-Front-Bumper-Lip-Unpainted-PU-/371346509262?fits=Model%3ATSX
it's less about the lip kit but more about where the OEM number plate goes. With the standard bumper, behind the mount there are 2 square holes roughly an inch or so square and I was wondering if people just fiberglassed them over or if it was an aftermarket bumper. But thanks for your reply. Very nice looking car by the way, I've been looking into getting a similar grille to yours :)

Is the grille FiberGlass or genuine Mugen ABS?
Genuine one sells for around 220-250$ delivery excluded, and are very rare.

Herdy said:
it's less about the lip kit but more about where the OEM number plate goes. With the standard bumper, behind the mount there are 2 square holes roughly an inch or so square and I was wondering if people just fiberglassed them over or if it was an aftermarket bumper. But thanks for your reply. Very nice looking car by the way, I've been looking into getting a similar grille to yours :)
I got my bodyshop to fibreglass and paint my number plate holes, £70 all in :)

Burbleboy said:
I got my bodyshop to fibreglass and paint my number plate holes, £70 all in :)
Cheers for that mister :) I'm going to have to look into it :D