What's new

Where to get oil?

Mark123

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 cdti
Hi, signed up a while ago and have been reading up since. I've gathered that lubetech oil is a heavily recommended oil for the accord. But they don't post to northern Ireland so was wondering what's the next best on quality and price similar to the lubetech drums? Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hey Mark. Did they confirm they do not ship to northern ireland? I've had it delivered to the Rep back in Feb €20 carriage. Hope they haven't changed their shipping policy.

Hi thanks for replying. How did you go about getting it shipped? On eBay it says they don't post to n.Ireland.

Thanks. I contacted them through eBay and they gave me a number to call.

They should ship to other location - their website says the below

"Shipping Policy
Cost for delivery for single items is £8.75; all additional items will be £6.50. We only ship to UK mainland including highlands and islands, for Northern Ireland and international locations please email info@lubetechshop.co.uk for a carriage cost please do not purchase before you have received a carriage quotation.
We will dispatch goods within 5 working days of payment should there be any delay the buyer will be notified as soon as possible. Please allow 7 working days to receive goods."

I use Castrol Edge ***anium 0W30 Oil. Is lubetech oil better than Castrol??

I use Castrol Edge ***anium 0W30 Oil. Is lubetech oil better than Castrol??
I used to use Castrol 0w 30 prior to using lubetech and found no difference at all.
Lubetech oil meets all the approvals and specification so should be pretty much the same as the Castrol.
The only reason why people tend to sway more to Castrol. it is probably because it is well marketed so hence you pay more per litre.

I am now on my third service using Lubetech oil and have to say its the best thing I have done. So much value for money.
I can now afford to change my oil in my accord every 6k miles without breaking the bank :)
If you can store the lubetech drum i would highly recommend lubetech, I know the drum is quite large so people do struggle to find a place to store it in their homes.

Did a little review here
http://hondakarma.com/threads/first-purchase-of-optima-lsh-0w-30-low-saps-acea-c-2-lubetech-engine-oil.22196/live

Hope it helps

I use Petronas 0w/30 from Euro Car Parts. £35 for 5 litres (offer price) and it's good stuff.

I have Used Smith and Allan for 2 yrs now, half way through my second 20 litre barrel now, drives sweet, no issues and it's cheaper than lube tech. I think it's £60 delivered for a 20 litre barrel when ordering from thier website with a discount code.