What's new

Strange noise

Adamski

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord VII
Any one help please. In my Honda Accord 7gen. When driving 120mph and over my car makes very strange wissling noise. Dont know if thats just air noise or my bearings. Any one knows?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't say my diesel's been past 120 much!

Well my one was and this noise was annoying and scary. I found out tho that its just air flow

Check your rubber seals around all the doors and your sunroof if you have one.
Could be wind entering a poor seal causing that noise?

do you have wind deflectors?

Heard wind becomes solid at that speed in an old Honda.

I have sun roof all windows were closed. When i was doing 135 on my bike it felt fast but wind wasnt that hard to overcome

yeah wind is easier to expel when leaning forward on a motorbike :lol:
not sure about the solid variety if riding pillion

Mine is noisy at that speed but then I expected it to be. I do find road noise more of a problem than wind though.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd be driving my car at that speed for prolonged periods anyway. Max speed in the diesel is only about 130 and the 7th gen is getting on a bit now. Personally, I'm not too keen on keeping an older car at near max power for too long, risking something going "pop" hundreds of miles from home (I'm ***uming you're on the autobahn and not the M25).

Yes, I was coming back hoe. I don't think m25 would be safe place to do it knowing other drivers. Funny part was that German cars were overtaking me. i wanted to check how fast will it go and I found out. Surprisingly I felt safer when riding bike at that speed than in the car.

OB1 said:
Mine is noisy at that speed but then I expected it to be. I do find road noise more of a problem than wind though.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd be driving my car at that speed for prolonged periods anyway. Max speed in the diesel is only about 130 and the 7th gen is getting on a bit now. Personally, I'm not too keen on keeping an older car at near max power for too long, risking something going "pop" hundreds of miles from home (I'm ***uming you're on the autobahn and not the M25).
Yes I was

freddofrog said:
yeah wind is easier to expel when leaning forward on a motorbike [emoji38]
not sure about the solid variety if riding pillion
I don't think with pillion I could ride that fast. Its one to risk my life thensome one else's.

At that speed most likely not engine related and I would agree probably something like door seals leaking slightly.

F6HAD said:
At that speed most likely not engine related and I would agree probably something like door seals leaking slightly.
You probably right. And now i can hear slight squick from one of the pulleys or im going mental. Just slight tho