What's new

Faulty bearing on "clutch" on Aircondition compressor

SirHansen

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi

Today I found out that my bearing on the pulley for the aircon is faulty.
Everythime the aircon clutch get engaged I hear a scweaky noice commong from the pulley. I did remove my belt to se if there was any slack on the pulley, and as I expected it was.
My local dealer say I need to buy the hole clutch set. 4900 NOK for that one. I elive I only need to change the bearing itself inside the pulley. It will be around 200 NOK insted.
So, have anybody done this before, ot experienced the same issue? If not I will make a DIY on this one when I am going to do this. What does this clutch set cost in UK?

Thanks!
Marius

I belive the bearing size is 30x52x22. I am going to see if I can start the work today on the car, just to verifty the size of the bearing. If I can only change the bearing inside the ac clutch pully I will save a lot of money ;)

So, today I remobed the pulley from the ac compressor, I was actally supriced on how easy it really was. I went to my lokal store to see if they did have this kind of bearing, but since this is a dual high presission bearing they did not have iy in the store.

The marking on the bearing is dac 3052-3rr9x, and it is made by koyo

I did find a list over other bearing that also match.

In Norway this bearing costs around 1000 nok, I just ordered one at Ebay for 200 nok. Will make a diy on this work when I have the new bearing