What's new

12 years old suspension upgrade

krisdee

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL9 2004
I'm thinking about suspension upgrade in my CL9 2004 Type S saloon 105k miles.
Shocks are done and the body roll is crazy, like a boat.
I would like to lower the car, improve handling, maybe add some oversteer 
My budget is around £600.

Option 1
Oem shocks(b4/kyb/sach) £200
Lowering springs (eibach/h&r) £150
Whiteline 18mm Rear Anti Roll Bar £130

Option 2
Koni Sport Suspension Kit £560

Option 3
BC Racing BR Coilovers £630

What do you guys think?
I'm close to buy BC Coilovers because i like to have height and damping adjustment also top mounts.
I can choose spring rates, may be something like 7kg front, 4kg rear.
Oem springs are 5/3?
Do I still need rear anti roll bar with coilovers or save money?

Everyones opinions well be different.i have had buddyclub and tein coilover.they didn't last more than 2 years.i how use koni yellows on eibach springs with nsx,s2000 reinforced top rubber mounts..on soft they are softer than oem but they are height and damper adjustable.i have mine set about 50%hard front 30 rear.best setup ive used.but they will be more than your budget.but im sure you get life time warranty on the konis.get they from larkspeed,they gave me a discount and very fast delivery

Rear anti roll bar is a must

Road car and that sort of money - Bilstein B12 kit.
It'll be firmer and have better control, a sensible ride height drop, and after it's bedded in, it'll be more comfortable too.

ukcl9 said:
Everyones opinions well be different.i have had buddyclub and tein coilover.they didn't last more than 2 years.i how use koni yellows on eibach springs with nsx,s2000 reinforced top rubber mounts..on soft they are softer than oem but they are height and damper adjustable.i have mine set about 50%hard front 30 rear.best setup ive used.but they will be more than your budget.but im sure you get life time warranty on the konis.get they from larkspeed,they gave me a discount and very fast delivery

Rear anti roll bar is a must
Only 2 years, that's scary! I see koni yellows+h&r springs for £550 from larkspeed. Do I void that lifetime warranty if install them myself?
How many height settings you have on them front/rear?

The saloon has really small ARB - 15 or 16mm, can't remember exactly. This is very small diamater for such heavy car in my opinion.
I would recommend some Kayaba or OEM shocks and rear ARB upgrade, 20 or 22mm Progressive (available in the US for Acura TSX), you will be amazed how much it will improve handling even on stock springs/shocks.

dynacord said:
The saloon has really small ARB - 15 or 16mm, can't remember exactly. This is very small diamater for such heavy car in my opinion.
I would recommend some Kayaba or OEM shocks and rear ARB upgrade, 20 or 22mm Progressive (available in the US for Acura TSX), you will be amazed how much it will improve handling even on stock springs/shocks.
Yes I heard good things about rear ARB.
TSX guys recommend Whiteline 18mm for stock suspension and 20-22m for coilovers or sport shocks, but also read stories "Ripped subframe mounts from Progress ARB"
I definitely need to lower my car because oem on 18 fn2 wheels looks terrible.