What's new

One year on...

MedicalFlyer

Members
Reaction score
Car
2000 Accord Saloon
At the end of this month I would have had my Accord for a year. It's previous life was as the occasional runabout for an old boy around Salisbury barely covering 1,000 miles a year for a couple of years. It came with full service history (stamps and invoices) and paperwork near enough back to day one.

Nowadays it ferries me to work and back doing about 1,000 miles a month. It's done this perfectly since I got it and never misses a beat. It has, of course, had some work done but nothing major and mostly due to my own fussiness and wanting to make sure the old girl has the best chance she can at keeping road worthy.

Since buying it I've done the following:
Stuck on 4 Dunlop 88V Sport BluResponse tyres
Replaced the exhaust back box as it had a rather large hole in it
Replaced the starter motor when it gave up the ghost
Replaced all the ignition electricals
Replaced all the belts and tensioners
Replaced the brakes front and rear
Coolant drained and refilled with Honda Type 2
All filters changed
Oil changed a few times and always with decent stuff
Has a strict diet of Shell fuel with the occasional tank of premium for good measure

Aside from needing a little rust sorting and to find who keeps bumping in to it the old girl runs like a charm and today flew through an MOT without a single thing noted (never had a single advisory in it's life).
I drive new cars every day at work but nothing's as nice as getting in the old girl with none of the silly displays and buttons strewn all over the place and just enjoying the drive.

I think it will well deserve some new AT and PAS fluids when I get round to it.

Roll on the lottery win so it can have the full Car SOS treatment :p

Agreed, I love my 6th gen, I originally bought it without the idea of keeping it long, but fell in love with the car and have found it hard to give it up. Driven so many other newer cars and every time I get back into the Accord I realise how good of a car it is, it ticks pretty much nearly all the boxes for me and always puts a smile on my face.

I love mine, but it's had it's fair share of problems. My old man had one from nearly new for around 12 years whilst growing up and I sort of wished I bought his. Mines coming up to a years worth of ownership, MOT booked for 10th December so fingers crossed.

I love the way it drives and I love the way I still feel refreshed when driven over a huge distance. I've driven my fair share of vehicles, new, old, fast, slow, mainly through work and it's nice getting into it at the end of everyday.