What's new

2004 i-ctdi build from Bulgaria

morpheous87

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 7
Hey,

after my thead about transplanting facelift sat nav to pre-facelift, I decided to open a new thread, where I will post all my new stuff regarding my Accord. Last weekend I removed the OEM intercooler and put an aftermarket one. My idea was to free up some space, so I will be able to install a diesel heater Webasto. Currently the intercooler and the turbo path are already installed, but need some tweaking. The hoses from the intercooler are exactly on the fog lights spot. I need to go under them, because they are pushing the fron bumper and it's almost impossible to install.
u9Wz8Otl.jpg
UQ9EY6vl.jpg
EnK0Fy0l.jpg
PNWeVgul.jpg
Uu6b3Oll.jpg
uHvbqKcl.jpg
Jgegylal.jpg
UMsBmpgl.jpg
EWx8K8nl.jpg

Don't look at the front bumper's chips and crack :D. All th ecar will be resprayed after all the modiffication are done.

So I'm gonna fix the hoses and put the bumper where it should be.

What's my plan:

Performance modiffications:
- blanking EGR and cleaning inlet manifold
- custom exhaust manifold
- new hybrid 1756 turbo
- new exhaust, ****lers and everything
- mine BBK - 4 piston Brembos and 320mm discs in the front, 300mm 2 piston Brembos in the rear

Visual modiffications:
- from my previous post some of you know that I've changes the steering wheel witj Civic 8 one. I'm gonna modify it and ending up with something like this:
NJn09fjl.jpg
gT47w0xl.jpg

DdQBXZFl.jpg

Currently I'm working on bmw e46 steering wheel and it's almost ready, only leather stiching left, this is what I've done till now -
W0e1lKpl.jpg

So something simillar will be done to the Civic's steering wheel soon.

- A real carbon trim for the interior. I've already did one trim kit for the bmw e46 (it's my brother's car, so I'm practicing on it :D ). This is the result:
v0s7cqxl.jpg
nHkYYByl.jpg
Qv4eN5pl.jpg
RtZwMYPl.jpg

- some exterior carbon skinning - side mirrors, roof, some parts in the engine compartment too.
- I've already respayed some wheels, not sure if they will be at the end.
NhcpYshl.jpg
xJk4xlXl.jpg
kXAI31il.jpg
fFb8Byzl.jpg
IfcVRzcl.jpg
JBWa6Eol.jpg

For sure I'm missing something, but I will update the thread and keep it up to date.

The dimensions of the intercooler?
Piping diameter?
Any problems to avoid the fog light?

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

Still lots of work left to be done. Piping is just behind the fog lights, pushing a bit the bumper and almost impossible to put it back. So this weekend I will redo the piping and put them below the fog lights.
The intercooler is 550x180x66 with 63mm outlets. Those are reduced to 51mm, so from the intercooler to the inlet manifold they are 51mm as the OEM are. From the turbo the hoses are 45mm, so the part from the OEM pipe till the entrance of the intercooler I've done it in 51mm with 51-45mm reducer. As I said still lots of thing need to be done, I think I will fix them this weekend and I will manage to install the Webasto heater too.

Can't you just cut the back out of the bumper where it squashes the silicone pipes?

Really like the choice of wheels on the saloon. Looks great.

Interesting build!

Goodluckmonkey said:
Can't you just cut the back out of the bumper where it squashes the silicone pipes?

Really like the choice of wheels on the saloon. Looks great.
Well, it's not so easy. I've already trimmed lot of the bumper in order to free up some space for the cooler itself. The problem was that the hoses and the pipes were bumping in the fog lights. I've trimmed there too, and free some space, but it wasn't enough. So I bough some more angle hoses and pipes and I've changed the path. It's OK now, but still need a bit of tweaking. One pipe is low and pushing the bumper down. I'm able to mount it but I want the final result to be 100% satisfaction :D. Next weekend I'm gonna do the Webasto heater wiring and install the water hoses to the engine. The heater is already mounted in place so I can check if it's making some problems. For now everything is looking goog and in schedule.
Just a reminder - all the stuff is done by myself and not in a specialized garage ot something. Just with what I've got in my garage :)

P.S. not sure why the images are starting to disappear. I will make an album and post the link here with lots more pictures.
lb5QMNAl.jpg

Sounds good. I would've just thrown the fog lights in the bin and gone mad with the angle grinder!

I like that you do all your own work.
I'm the same, and enjoy knowing a good end result's down to the effort I put in.
(Or sometimes the lack of effort - can't say I care for the aesthetics too much on the daily)

upload the pics on the forum itself if possible instead of a 3rd party hosting site

dejv said:
upload the pics on the forum itself if possible instead of a 3rd party hosting site
Still impossible for me to find out how to upload the pictures in the forum?!

Stevearcade said:
Create a photo bucket account and upload the picture there. Then paste their embed codes into the forum. There's a guide here: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14618-how-to-insert-pictures-to-threads/
Thanks!

This is the album I've made -
http://s377.photobucket.com/user/morpheous87/Accord%20Ctdi%20performance%20and%20visual%20mods/story

I will keep it updated with all my mods on the Accord, both performance and visual. What's planned to be done next is new custom exaust manifold, hybrid turbo 1756, custom exhaust, blanking EGR and remap. For visuals I've planned, real carbon trims, new flat bottom steering wheel and some leather upholstery. We'll see what I will manage to do from the big list :D

morpheous87 said:
Still lots of work left to be done. Piping is just behind the fog lights, pushing a bit the bumper and almost impossible to put it back. So this weekend I will redo the piping and put them below the fog lights.
The intercooler is 550x180x66 with 63mm outlets. Those are reduced to 51mm, so from the intercooler to the inlet manifold they are 51mm as the OEM are. From the turbo the hoses are 45mm, so the part from the OEM pipe till the entrance of the intercooler I've done it in 51mm with 51-45mm reducer. As I said still lots of thing need to be done, I think I will fix them this weekend and I will manage to install the Webasto heater too.
The dimensions are overall or core size?

That steering wheel is sweet.
How did you swap the actual wheel from bmw to civics?

vaynah said:
That steering wheel is sweet.
How did you swap the actual wheel from bmw to civics?
The bmw steeting wheel is for e46 and will be used on e46. I just practice the technology to do the form change. So now I'm working on a civic steering wheel to do the same as the bmw one.

Jan Accord said:
The dimensions are overall or core size?
The dimension are of the core itself.

The Webasto heater is almost ready. It's installed and working, only a GSM communicator and a PWM driver need to be installed. The GSM is start the heater remotely and the PWM driver will control the blower motor. It's needed to run the motor on 20-30% power, so the consumption to be as low as possible in order to save the battery charge in the freezing winter. I've decided to use a separate diesel tank for the heater, so the fuel sistem is not altered. I had to do lots of modification to the tank (it's wipers fluid tank) in order to save space behind the bumper, because the bunmper cannot be ***embled.

E4AE26B6-0404-4BB7-A3DB-CCF6884B44BC_zps7lt0ksk2.jpg

E055BC40-5CF0-4F5C-8846-702F6F278242_zpsfklgqi0f.jpg
CDF57334-8B1F-4258-A3C8-D727439C4E72_zpslrmclnyj.jpg
5285F2DA-7D92-4A32-86F0-B61200EE220A_zpsttqpgky4.jpg

68550EF0-AE70-4B87-A23F-20A20EB3CC7B_zpsucgrtfmv.jpg

The heater is mounted and working with On/Off switch in the glove box :D :D
88871035-F056-4E22-B82C-AAEB2CA0E6D7_zpsdtf3lwim.jpg
4350FAB3-BE5C-42F3-A79F-55A19EFACFE3_zpshsyskwvx.jpg

063D7F49-04E0-451F-B9A0-E89EA909A508_zpsqkcslnmo.jpg

And the wiring job under the hood -
ECB388F4-4158-4B79-A8C8-459F7D0570A8_zpso0xqlcaa.jpg

24CFF4A2-2FBE-45E0-8421-8EE898553AEA_zpsavncbxfr.jpg

56F1C14B-F96A-4CBD-BA61-10BE164CEF82_zps6bzllzzo.jpg

6DC1108E-B604-4D0A-B6F7-4DA665A27352_zpshyjv7ury.jpg

A shot video on the first start up (the heater is lots quiter on real than in the video) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFpYEJDXSoc

PWM controller for the blower fan is working. But I'm getting an F-Can error and a fault code leading to limp mode. Currently I'm working on a solution to cut the PWM controller from the HVAC car's unit and I hope the error will fanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BcObu1s5AA