What's new

SAT Nav Diagnostic page on start up

Cal44

Members
Reaction score
Car
EX GT 2.2DTEC
Had a quick search on the forum and can't see anything specific to my new issue other than the instructions on how to open the diagnostics menu.......so.....

My issue is that I had purchased a disc online for up to date maps in the middle of last year and up until a couple of weeks ago this was working fine until I started to get the DVD Error message appear after 2-3 minutes of driving. Following advice that I have seen in other posts on the forum I took the copied disc out and put back in my original disc that came with the car. At first it would not accept this as it stated the software was old and not compatible, so I went in to the Diagnostic screen and re-downloaded the old software to replace the newer version. This worked fine until I switched the engine off and came back to the car the next morning.

Now what I get on startup is a different diagnostic screen that you cannot get away from unless you press the map, cancel and menu buttons together for 3 seconds, you then get back to the previous diagnostic screen that asks if you want to run the self diagnostic or pick specific things yourself. I can then hit return on this page to get back to the welcome message/disclaimer to press ok and view the maps.....which so far hasn't come up with the DVD error message since I put the original disc back in by the way.....

if anyone has any tips or knows how I can simply get the map to come back on as it always used to I would appreciate it....it's not the worst problem in the world to have but I would simply like to have it back to normal for when I may ever decide to sell the car on....which won't be for a while yet...

Thanks!

Fixed it....on the particular screen that I had come up I had to press OK to run the 1st part of the diagnostic test, I then had to press it again to perform the second part of the auto diagnostic which was simply to test the hft. The next part is to press the back button on the steering wheel and the talk button this then makes them light up green. Previously at this point I was stumped. I then decided to try speaking and the light went green for the microphone. The menu then gave me the choice to end the diagnostic which had previously remained greyed out and not selectable. I then clicked on this and the sat nav started as normal. Tried turning the car on and off a few times and all is now well! So hopefully this helps anyone if they come across the same thing.

Hi Cal

I ran a copied disk for about six months with out any problems, but then got an original for a good price so running that.

John