What's new

Wiper blade replacement.

Tim559011

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2005
Hi,
Does anyone have experience of choosing the best wiper blades?
Mine shudder and squeak as they cross the screen even when it's raining.
Is it best to buy Honda? Or another brand? Can just the rubber be replaced?
Thanks.
Tim M

You get what you pay for with Wiper Blades. Except if you buy them from Halfords (they're way over priced there). I use Bosch. Get them from eBay.

i second that use bosch aerotwin no squeak even when dry, make sure you get right fitting as there are two types. Also purchased from ebay.

Get genuine ones from hh last time I brought them they were a good price. I personally dont like the flat ones the ones I've tried miss the window in the middle of the blade.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.
I bought Bosch blades over the counter from Europarts. £20+ for both.
I'm hoping they will behave like blades on a new car.Let's see!
Cheers!
Tim M

Just reserved a set of the Bosch aero twin at Ecp with 32% discount this weekend coming in at approx £16 for the set.

I gave up on Bosch aero blades, I found after a little use the performance dropped off rapidly, on various cars where i installed them. I got Denso hybrids from ECP, seem to last better and also the Michelin from Costco (if you are a member) which are something like £6.50+value added taxation. You can of course just get the rubber insert for the standard blade from Honda if you don't want to remove the block and have the standard Honda blades.

All fitted now, they are brilliant, I've had them before with minor issues really on other cars, but they do drop off, but then I did a lot of miles, at the price getting a year out of them is fine.

Fitted Bosch twin blades today £24 from Europarts purely for convenience as they are just 10 minuets away. Initially they seem brilliant - Clear wipe and Silent. The originals needed replacing because it's hard to concentrate on your driving when there not clearing the screen and your Grandchildren are cracking up because the wipers sound like they are farting. :huh:

I'm happy with bosch aerotwin as well

sent using tapatalk

ScoobyDoo said:
I gave up on Bosch aero blades, I found after a little use the performance dropped off rapidly, on various cars where i installed them. I got Denso hybrids from ECP, seem to last better and also the Michelin from Costco (if you are a member) which are something like £6.50+value added taxation. You can of course just get the rubber insert for the standard blade from Honda if you don't want to remove the block and have the standard Honda blades.
As I've not got a Holdcroft order pending, I've given the Denso Hybrids a go on my 8th Gen. Genuine Honda seem to last 12 months (handy for service replacement at the dealer?) so I'll see how these wear....
Ta for the tip off.

What wiper blades would you recommend for 7th Gen or are they same

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bosch one piece flat bladed jobbies.
I stick them on everything.

I find they last quite well, and I used to commute all year round covering approx 30k a year. Probably changed them around every 18 months/ 2 years I suppose.

The usual tricks, don't park under trees as all the crud and sap stuck tonthe screen destroys your wipers, and don't let the wife put the wipers on in the snow and frost before you've scraped the windscreen.

Brought some oem blades from honda for approx 20£. Working great, no "greasy" leftovers. Wipes clear and clean.

Ok so what do people think are the best for the pre face-lift 7th gen? Genuine facelift with the block unscrewed or bosch aerotwin or bosch superplus?

If it's the Honda one what product code do I give HH, and if it's the bosch one where on Earth is the product compatability list? I last used it a year ago but my google-fu must be fading because I can't find it. I want it because I usually find it for cheaper when I search for the product code outside the sites that ask for your registration.

Back in April 2015 I bought sp22s and sp16 for £8.86 in total. Wow, I haven't replaced them in over two years,and only for a month have I had greasy deposits on the screen, and that's probably cos I parked under a tree a few days earlier this year and came back to loads of sap.

Thanks!

Hi Economic,

Last year I purchased Bosch aerotwin ones from euro car parts(£20 for both) by giving them the reg number. They fitted perfectly but right hand wiper always misses this little area on the screen, I thought it was the wiper so I went back to Euro car parts they did replace the faulty one, but issue remained and I've been driving it like that ever since. May be it's the joint or something on my car.

Anyways If you have Costco near you and have the membership you can get some decent ones for just over £10 or something.

Regards,
MB

mbaccord said:
Hi Economic,

Last year I purchased Bosch aerotwin ones from euro car parts(£20 for both) by giving them the reg number. They fitted perfectly but right hand wiper always misses this little area on the screen, I thought it was the wiper so I went back to Euro car parts they did replace the faulty one, but issue remained and I've been driving it like that ever since. May be it's the joint or something on my car.

Anyways If you have Costco near you and have the membership you can get some decent ones for just over £10 or something.

Regards,
MB
I've had exactly the same issue with the same wipers. Misses part of screen kind of right of centre about mid way up screen ?
I haven't removed the block from the arm, thinking I may try this in case it's holding the blade at funny angle or just applying pressure in wrong place

I use OEM but you do have to keep them clean or else they start to stutter and get noisy. I more or less wash my car every week so I always give them a thorough clean then.