What's new

Clearing dew off windows

wenbebber

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-DTEC Tourer
How do other people deal with the problem of dew covering windows in the morning?

If I use a cloth to wipe it, I get left with dried on water marks and dirt when the water evaporates, but if I leave it to drop off when driving I'm pretty much blind out of all windows and then the mirrors until this happens.

Thanks edgeoftime, drop me a PM and I'll give you my address and bank details?

I should clarify, it was a microfiber cloth I used to wipe them down before but I still got water marks. Will get hold of a different one and see if that improves things.

Instead of creating a new thread I thought I'd jump off the back of this.

While cleaning the gunk off the trims at the bottom of the windows (with a toothpick, a pressure washer and a screwdriver-not in that order) I noticed there is a gap in between the different layers of trim.

I will put some thin dowel or a stainless steel rod in there so the lip is snug against the windows so if there is ever any dew, rolling the windows down and up again will get rid of it.

Thoughts please?

Economic said:
I will put some thin dowel or a stainless steel rod in there so the lip is snug against the windows so if there is ever any dew, rolling the windows down and up again will get rid of it.

Thoughts please?
I think that could be problematic and the rod could end up inside the door unless fitted very securely. I just use a normal windscreen clearer similar to this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-In-1-Ice-Scraper-Squeegee-Sponge-Car-Van-Window-Windscreen-Frost-Snow-Remover/123643321650?hash=item1cc9b75d32:g:MVAAAOSwE6VcY4-U

Economic said:
Thanks. I ended up using a simoniz squeegee from tesco. More malleable than the one you linked to, I bought one for a quid.
Wow a quid is real good for one of them, was it a sale on jobby?