What's new

Introduction

TheHighlander

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord SE
Hi all,

Recently purchased a 2000 Honda Accord SE. Chap I bought it of had it from new; very clean car - not a blemish on it. Never owned a Honda before but very impressed with it; pulls well; handles good and is a very comfy car. The only issue with it currently is the exhaust seems to be blowing - from the manifold pipe that runs to cat section.

I'm curious to find out how much a timing belt / water pump change is? As it's done 120k miles; need to get that sorted sooner rather than later. Anyway; looking forward to being a part of the community :)

TheHighlander

Hello and Welcome.

These cars often take first timers by surprise. Often seen as an old man's shopping cart people soon change their mind once they've been in one and seen how the drive. Excellent fun on a nice bit of country road.

I can't remember the prices off the top of my head but if you search for the Blue Print branded parts (timing belt kit, 2 aux belts and water pump) on mister auto you should come away with reasonable prices for them. Then it's just a case of getting them fitted. They usually have some sort of discount running too and you can get cashback through Quidco if you use it. Grab a bottle of coolant from Honda for about £15 too (5 litres ready mixed).

http://www.blue-print.com/blueprintlive/
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/

At the moment the parts are roughly:
Water pump (ADH29120) £27
Timing belt kit (ADH27303) £85
Aux. belts (depends on aircon being present) ~£8 each

I highly recommend the Blue Print ones as I've used them on various Japanese brand cars and never had an issue with quality or fitment. You can verify the correct part numbers on their site too.
You might find the parts on other sites slightly cheaper (including Amazon at times on Prime), or be able to get them from a local motor factor if you need them sooner.

For good measure an air filter and some spark plugs probably wouldn't hurt either (and the pollen filter if you're feeling adventurous).

Hope that helps.